1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Starbound is a ripoff of Terraria.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SpaceVixen, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpaceVixen

SpaceVixen Void-Bound Voyager

List of reasons why Starbound is a blatant rip off of Terraria and why Tiy should be ashamed.

1. They both have the letters "r" and "a" in their names. - KirasiN
    2. They both are 2D.
    3. They both have grass.
    4. There are humans in both games and you have to be a human to play both games. - Angry Muffin
    5. Terraria has fallen stars. Star is in the name of Starbound. Coincidence? I think not.
    6. Terraria does have zombies whereas Starbound doesn't ! This is a trick to make us think it is not a ripoff! - Klemar
    7. They both have rocks. - Creepwolf
    8. They both have spears, guns, and swords. The only shields in Terraria are passive, which is to make us think it's not a ripoff. - The Demon Of Borders
    9. In both games you can chop down trees with a chainsaw. - Star and Moon
    10. Both games have fish. Starbound has more fish though, meaning it rips it off more then once! - The Demon Of Borders
    11. HOW CAN THERE BE MORE THAN ONE COMPUTER GAME AND ONE 2D GAME IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! AND HOW DARE OTHER GAMES USE GRASS, ITS OUTRAGEOUS I TELL YOU! AND NO OTHER GAME IN HISTORY HAS HAD AN R IN ITS NAME BEFORE LIKE DOUBLEYOUTEEEFF! I SUGGEST WE FIND EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE THAT MATCHES THESE DESCRIPTIONS AND BURN 'EM, SMASH 'EM, STOP 'EM WHATEVER! THIS IS MAKING ME RAGE ON SO MANY LEVELS IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY! ARGH SERIOUSLY LET'S SUE ALL GAMING COMPANIES FOR PLAGIARISM OR SOMETHING - Crazy Lady
    12. Starbound will come out after Terraria. Coincidence?
    13. The artist from Starbound even copied the artist from Terraria's name and life!
    14. Have you ever seen Terraria and Starbound in the same room?
    15. Both games ripped off another game! (Terraria=Minecraft). As if there wasn't enough scum and deceivery, now they're stealing stealing too!
    16. They both ripped off Hello Kitty because of the cats. - Suika Ibuki who is awesome for his/her name
    17. They both ripped off Super Mario with the jumping system.
    18. Both games were made entirely by people from planet Earth.

Anyone else want to contribute?

2. Gandalf

Gandalf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was about to write a long reply about how wrong you were. Then I actually read the OP.

YOU CAN PASS!

Silver86, Pinkie Pie, Aeon and 48 others like this.
  3. KirasiN

KirasiN Existential Complex

You forgot that they also share an "a".

Also they both can be played multiplayer, preposterous!

4. Klemar

Klemar Subatomic Cosmonaut

Terraria does have zombies whereas Starbound doesn't ! This is a trick to make us think it is not a ripoff !

AJC0MICS likes this.
  5. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

Do you really think these things or is this a joke thread? I honestly can't tell.

6. Fortis

Fortis Pangalactic Porcupine

They both are on the PC platform too! RAEG!

Kitty Box and YatsandYets like this.
  7. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

They both has rocks.:badpokerface:

The Mute One and YatsandYets like this.
  8. There are humans in both games.
    You have to be a human to play both games.
    Total rip-off

9. Klemar

It's a joke to laugh at all the haters who are trolling and saying that Starbound is a copy of Terraria. ^^

10. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

They both have spears, guns, and swords. The only shields in Terraria are passive, which is to make us think it's not a ripoff.

11. Yumi

Yumi Scruffy Nerf-Herder

HOW CAN THERE BE MORE THAN ONE COMPUTER GAME AND ONE 2D GAME IN THE ENTIRE WORLD! AND HOW DARE OTHER GAMES USE GRASS, ITS OUTRAGEOUS I TELL YOU! AND NO OTHER GAME IN HISTORY HAS HAD AN R IN ITS NAME BEFORE LIKE DOUBLEYOUTEEEFF! I SUGGEST WE FIND EVERY OTHER GAME OUT THERE THAT MATCHES THESE DESCRIPTIONS AND BURN 'EM, SMASH 'EM, STOP 'EM WHATEVER! THIS IS MAKING ME RAGE ON SO MANY LEVELS IT'S NOT EVEN FUNNY! ARGH SERIOUSLY LET'S SUE ALL GAMING COMPANIES FOR PLAGIARISM OR SOMETHING! Okay too much capslock, makes my head hurt imagining all that screaming. But you're totally right, I approve this topic.

12. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

In both games you can chop down trees with a chainsaw.

Also, in both games, you can get laser guns! I can't believe how much ripped off thi- HAHAHAHA, sorry I couldn't say it with a straight face.

Redheat and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. Forever

Forever Phantasmal Quasar

They both have melee and guns in them too! I've been so deceived!

WoxandWarf likes this.
  14. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Both games have fish. Starbound has more fish though, meaning it rips it off more then once!

WoxandWarf likes this.
  15. Timpie1230

Timpie1230 Subatomic Cosmonaut

not sure what to type here initialy though it was a thread meant to disuade ppl but i see its just a joke to laught about

16. TFGoose

TFGoose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They both have loot! I dare you to name any other games that have loot. Ya I said it. What of it?! Don't look at me in that tone of voice!!! :laugh:

love doctor and WoxandWarf like this.
  17. Flameofice

Flameofice Pangalactic Porcupine

Both games ripped off another game! (Terraria=Minecraft)

As if there wasn't enough scum and decievery (IT'S A WORD I SWEAR), now they're stealing stealing too!

18. And I thought they ripped off Hello Kitty because of the cats.

Borri, Fengrich and WoxandWarf like this.
  19. Klemar

Didn't they ripp off super mario with the jumping system ?

Ordona and WoxandWarf like this.
  20. OnyxTortoise

OnyxTortoise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You're forgetting about the most important issue:
    Terraria is being sold on Steam.
    Starbound is gonna be sold on Steam.
    Hence - Starbound rips off Terraria.

But wait, it gets even bigger!!!
    CoD is being sold on Steam as well!
    Wait... omg... Starbound rips off Battlefield 3!!! EA wil crush Chucklefish :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.