1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Tiy changing things we were promised? (Also, why our money is sort of evaporating)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sishio, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so, wait for answer, if he won't just leave it be or ask him about refund, i don't know just dont play as child, be patient spend time with your girl/boy - after beta shows up you prolly will have less time:)

as i said before beta time is their own thing, it can be 1 day and it can be 1 year.

Marokutai likes this.
  2. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

What you are now saying has no relevance to this thread. He isn't complaining about the release or lackthereof as he's explained to you time and time again but you seem to just keep popping in here with these outbursts against impatience that have NOTHING to do with the conversation.

WoxandWarf and DaviDeil like this.
  3. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

Yes. But it sounded like he intentionally said BETA in 2013 and omitted release in that sentence. So we'd like clarification whether he meant release in 2014/15/16^10.

DaviDeil likes this.
  4. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

How hard are they working exactly? I'll admit, it really frustrated me when I heard that they were apparently taking the weekend to work on a bunch of secret crap that they won't tell the others about, because that couldn't POSSIBLY go wrong.

Marche100 likes this.
  5. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How does it not, they are impatient that they have yet to be given a solid date for the beta release. I realize he's asking a question but is also a complaint..

6. Sousuke Kuroda

Its not impatience, he's asking for clarification, not demanding a concrete release date or a release at all.

7. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

The problem is that a lot of us paid for beta because of the exclusivity of it, we pre-ordered for it. If beta is only like, one day it's kind of being cheated on that regard.

8. Arrem

Arrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't know where these people are coming from thinking we are unsatisfied with the content. The game's content is fine. We're asking for clarification on issues that have nothing to do with if the game has the content of a 60 dollar game or not. The main questions we have are:

Is the game still on track for 2013?
    How long will the early access beta period for the game be?
    Will the preorder bonuses such as novakid, fossils and pets still be in at launch or have they shifted to post launch content?
    Will things like user created weapons, NPC names, and statues from preorder purchases be in at launch or will they be moved to post launch content as well?

This is the bulk of our grievance

9. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1) patience is a virtue
    2) the conspiracy theories are useless
    3) is not written anywhere that the relase date has been postponed
    4) there are still six months available even if the Beta came out in August and November relase there would be what's the problem?
    5) If you take the road maps calculates the date to 2 weeks ago you will notice that the game is 75%

I do not think the relase miss you, it is useless to open these thered I remind you that the developers are keeping us updated every day

Avatra, AzViz and Tleno like this.
  10. Marokutai

But there is a demand for clarification, look at his last sentence.

11. blejd

i don't understand why cheated? Where did u read about couple of months of beta?

and what is bad about short beta? Release is usually couple days after beta so whats so bad about short beta?

12. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

hes obviously talking to someone on reddit who was demanding access to the beta right away

i mean you guys know that right?

AzViz likes this.

13. Isn't that how you get answers? Ask questions?

shardival, DaviDeil, Flan and 2 others like this.
  14. FenixR

FenixR Cosmic Narwhal

Thats only because those games are only know when they are at least 70 to 90% complete. We basically have seen Starbound Development since it was in diapers.

Marokutai likes this.
  15. Lynx88

Lynx88 Phantasmal Quasar

Game development isn't something you can simply just stick a deadline on and expect it to be done by that date.

Game releases getting pushed back several months or more is hardly uncommon, even for big budget triple A games.

As far as I care, Tiy and Chucklefish have been very, very transparent about the game and its development even when they have no obligation to do so.

Now tiy said they would release *something* within 2013, and looking at the state the game is in now from the development updates and roadmap, a couple more months would give them enough time to make a feature complete, but probably not a completely finished and polished game.

Honestly, they are working on the game, not spending the pre-order money on hookers and blow. As far as sticking to deadlines, I can tell you without exception that EVERY SINGLE GAME that has been released before its done, simply to chase some arbitrary release date has been either so full of game-breaking bugs on release even an anthill has less bugs in it, has a palpable feel of having been rushed (Knights of the Old Republic 2's horribly rushed and truncated ending), or simply being so terrible that its obvious the developers really didn't care whether the game is good or not due to being put on a tight deadline by a publisher (almost every single movie tie-in game, especially those whose release was set to coincide with the movie's release).

If you think making games is fast or easy, why don't you try making one yourself. For real, go and learn some programming language, you don't have to attempt the deeper stuff like C++, choose a high level language with a nice GUI like Visual Basic .NET or JAVA. And download GIMP or paint.net to make graphics for it.

Then try making even a "simple" game like Pong or Minesweeper.

Give yourself a deadline of 1 hour to code from start to finish, and the result after that 1 hour is your release game.

16. Sousuke Kuroda

Right. Which isn't what you've been arguing against, he is asking a question and wants an answer, and in this case it isn't the exact date of BETA or full game release.

17. Marokutai

I think the best way they could've handled it is just waiting to do the pre ordering until they actually have a beta, yes that would mean waiting at least another month or so but at least then you wouldn't have to have had this sort of post.

18. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

They've had a whole lot more than an hour to finish the game, and I realize this isn't your point, but I'm trying to say that they've had more than enough time to complete the game, but it doesn't seem like they're actually PUSHING to get it finished and released.

Drakearth and Sousuke Kuroda like this.
  19. blejd

i can bet that if they release it already, and drop off some ideas many of you many! would complain about SMALL AMOUNT OF STUFF, NO SPACE WARS, NO PETS, WHERE ARE MY CATS. What will release of beta will change? It will speed up time? i don't understeand

20. Marokutai

You have no evidence to whether they are or aren't. Personally I think they are in a pace and apparently once again you don't see all of the implementations this game is going to have, you make it sound like they don't have a lot of stuff to work on. Most indie games have nowhere near as many features so what's the point of rushing?

Avatra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.