1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Tiy changing things we were promised? (Also, why our money is sort of evaporating)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sishio, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

That's a pretty mature reply you got there.

Anyways, people, as I already said, drawbacks are pretty common in videogame business, the team wants to polish up the game, they may have got some ideas on what to later to immprove the game and that takes time... is it really that hard to understand how it's hard to follow up with the schedule when it's kind aunc;lear what to expect from upcomming development stages?

AzViz and Marokutai like this.
  2. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Roadmap says ESTIMATED release date 2013 not REALEASE DATE "somewhere around 2013"

[​IMG]

WoxandWarf, AzViz, KirasiN and 2 others like this.
  3. This thread in a nutshell: Clarification on release and Novakids please.

There, not can we stop accusing each other of demanding/complaining/whatever?

Pretty please with Pringles?

4. Drakearth

Drakearth Phantasmal Quasar

This adds onto the fact that they go around on their promises

5. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

WoxandWarf, RedScarWolf and AzViz like this.
  6. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

It was intentionally like marokuta's reply, I've learned that it helps to see what you're acting like from another person.

Check the OP, the first image is tiy confirming a 2013 release

7. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

What's the point of painting a vase before it's finished?
    What's the point of polishing a game before the core gameplay is complete?

shardival, Asrashas and Drakearth like this.
  8. Biscuit Sawce

Biscuit Sawce Pangalactic Porcupine

Very interesting post. I have no other comments. No positives and no negatives.

9. Grey Owl

Grey Owl Subatomic Cosmonaut

The only people being pathetic here are the ones acting immature and flaming people.

shardival likes this.
  10. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

You're right. We're better than this. Let's get to the topic at hand and stop replying to marokuta

Just, nobody reply to him.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  11. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Let's simplify this. Many pre-ordered on the knowledge that the game will release in 2013. If it doesn't, then we've been had. Those that have pre-ordered are Chucklefish's customers, and should be respected as such. Their desire that the game be release when it was said it would be release is very, very valid.

But, I don't think Tiy actually said that the game won't release this year with a beta preceding it.

12. "So the topic sentence is misleading is what I've gathered?

I bought my preorder fully aware that the stretch goals were things to be added before game release and not for initial beta testing, idk where the disconnect was for other people. I'm almost certain that it was stated those goals would be for game release, meaning we'd probably get to test the future, but beta release date is not dependent upon stretch goal variable.

I also preordered under the impression that beta would be released in 2013, although I can see where people preordered Starbound hoping for the full game to be released this year, and I hope that we get both the beta release, maybe Q3 *cross fingers*, and the full release later this year in Q4.

I don't feel cheated or entitled to more information than the dev team is willing to give me. I will only really be disappointed if the beta doesn't come out in 2013."

- Finn Learson, one of le 500 different views from 500 Shades of Starbounders

WoxandWarf and TheUnartist like this.
  13. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Not an apt comparison. This is a completely different warning and risk that can be more readily avoided than "The game looks like it'll have a lot of content." Especially considering the devs continuously claim they're getting close to a release.

EDIT: I'll add to this, theres no promise of reward for this risk here. You're not told "If you walk into this construction area you get to keep the building!" if you were, then it would be the fault of the person offering the reward as well as your own fault for not assessing the risk.

Again, not an apt comparison. Here there is no one group of people you can really blame, no one has been deceiving you in this instance, no one has been assuring you that everything is fine and on track.

Woa, you would lay blame on a child getting molested after the allure of candy?

As I've explained above, you didn't give any apt comparisons. The final one, if you were an adult, would make sense, you should know better and the candy shouldn't even be a factor, but a child? Being tricked into that kind of situation is never the fault of the child, and I'd be shocked to say the least if you believed it ever was.

Why would that excuse the dev at all? Why is it suddenly my fault for preordering? That is the fallacy, my own cautiousness wouldn't have done anything to change the development. Only the developers have that kind of power, hence the blame is on them, especially if they mislead the consumer with promises that everything is on track and we're really close to a release.

14. Well to be fair, the question "Can you confirm 2013?" is a very vague one. Confirm what? Tiy may not know what it is. Was he asking for the beta? Release? Half-Life 3?

However, since he answered it, he might have known what it was, or just guessed.

Though this is what I need clarification on. What was he asking for? If it was beta, then it's time to go home everyone.

Now if it was release, they might end up in a bit of a pickle...

15. blejd

blejd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it's ok, but he did not said that release is in 2013, maybe it was about beta? Anyway, estimated release is 2013 and until they wont change it jsut wait till 31 december.

16. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

Either way, I'm sure peopel will get the chance to play the game by 2013. Be it BETA or complete one...

Finn Learson likes this.
  17. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

That's what we want clarification on.

We'd also like some sort of estimate on how long beta will last, since we all pre-ordered, and a lot of us did it for the exclusivity

18. Arrem

Arrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

People assumed that he was confirming release date and he made no effort to dissuade people of that notion.

edit:
    And confirmation if content is moving post launch as well, like novakids and the preorder stuff like statues.

19. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Imagine putting hundreds of hours into your dream game, they have so many implementations and plans for post release, they want it to have an amazing release which means it will take longer to come out.
    Everyone should be happy that they are working so hard to put so many awesome things into this game, if you can't wait for them to be ready to release the game that's a problem of patience.

Tleno likes this.
  20. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

you guys know theres 6 months more of 2013 right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.