1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Tiy changing things we were promised? (Also, why our money is sort of evaporating)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sishio, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakearth

Drakearth Phantasmal Quasar

Yes but kickstarters are basically the customer funding the project you. You make deadlines and then you tell your customer about it. Saying something like soon 2013 is not a valid deadline its a back-peddle. You make deadlines and you stick to them.

Your purposely inciting things to cause problems seems petty.

2. Marokutai

Marokutai Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You must have massive brain trauma or maybe you just have yet to learn what thinking is.

3. Well that worries me. I'm pretty excited to see my babies come into fruition. I sure hope them being released post-release isn't true.

As for the "2013" being inaccurate topic, I honestly couldn't care less. As long as I get the game that I paid for.

4. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

Ok buddy you need to quit with the name calling and insults and leave the thread. You're just making yourself look like an asshole now and striking conflict where there is none to be had.

shardival, WoxandWarf, Echo and 8 others like this.
  5. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

Way to thoroughly explain your argument, pal, it just shows how wrong you actually are.

6. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

"A beta in 2013", seems to be intentionally excluding release from that, otherwise he'd say "Release in 2013". Which implies release might not be in 2013.

This entire thread is to get clarification on this and the novakid thing

WoxandWarf, DaviDeil and WhiteMousse like this.
  7. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

I know you disagree with him, but the insulting has got to stop. Cut it out.

Stringaaa and Luna like this.
  8. Sousuke Kuroda

I think you're reading too much into it. He hasn't explicitly claimed the release date isn't in 2013 (although to be honest I don't think it is in 2013)

9. Arrem

Arrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like them too. I've been debating for the longest time if I was going to roll a glitch or a novakid first.

10. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

To the moderators who may or may not see this thread. Please don't lock it because of this one person. He's the only one acting like this and this is a necessary thread. Ban the guy for being insulting, not the place he was insulting in.

11. Marokutai

Not really, I'm trying to make people understand that there isn't a fault for devs or consumers. If someone who is afraid to drop $15 on a game that offers more than most $60 games and expect it to come out in 3 months they are on meth. It isn't petty to me, I'm trying to control myself from raging at people who have the most ignorance I've ever seen.

Avatra, Tleno and Luna like this.
  12. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

I'd love to see Tiy and the others forget about their pormises, launch Beta tomorrow with a lot of bugs and unpolished stuff and see hwo the entire communtiy gets enraged. You guys are acting too childish.

If they told you that you'll get your game, you will. BETA is out in 2013, and that's what I knew for a while now. No complete game. BETA will be out in 2013. The complete game could be released in 2014, 2015 or never.

What you need to do tho, is sit tight and *excuse me* stfu. If whining got the game launched faster, I'd do that myself, but it doesn't. So untill BETA is out, stop speculating all kinds of stuff.

The game is getting out, who knows when, but it is. And I haven't waited almost 2 years for nothing. If you could wait this long, a lil more months won't kill you.

So for God's sake, stop this kind of posts, some people here are reallly pathetic.

WoxandWarf, PSS, RedScarWolf and 5 others like this.
  13. Skippy3

Some games manage to jam-pack a sh*tton of stuff within only a few months and still manage to get great ratings. Why is that? Because there's a deadline that they have to constantly work against.

shardival, DaviDeil and Luna like this.
  14. Sousuke Kuroda

Riggggghhht.

Zody, WoxandWarf, Echo and 2 others like this.
  15. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

I have to support Marokutai.
    There is always a risk, blaming everything on side is pointless. I mean, here's more examples of your logic:
    "It's not my fault I was walking in construction area without a helmet, it was your fault you put those bricks that way they'd fall on my head!"
    "How was I supposed to know the financial piramid is about to fall apart?!"
    "But that guy offering free candy looked totally legit in that dark, dirty alley!"

Blaming others for your own uncautiousness is shortsighted, sure, you get to play a victom and sutff, but there are guaranteed to be situations when acting like that won't help, like, well, ones mentioned there. Your own cautiousness is the real way of avoiding trouble, and not playing victim like a some sort of helpless maggot belonging to almost extinct species!
    Also, ntoe there is ALWAYS risk of dissapointment in preorder. How can you know if game will be the thing you'll like if it's not even out yet? Why your trust i nthe dev ran out now, altrough you're waiting for game for a LOOONG time?

RedScarWolf and Marokutai like this.
  16. Sishio

Sishio Big Damn Hero

I AM HAVING TO REPEAT THINGS TO YOU NOW
    THIS THREAD IS BECAUSE TIY SAID RELEASE MAY BE AFTER 2013
    NOT BECAUSE WE CAN'T WAIT THREE MONTHS.

Can you link me to the place where you bought the monitor that doubles as a mirror?

shardival and WhiteMousse like this.
  17. Arrem

Arrem Subatomic Cosmonaut

This thread isn't about people demanding content from Chucklefish. It has nothing to do with the price. We were told one thing when we purchased the game and now we are being told another and we would simply like someone to speak on the issue. Being insulting isn't going to get anyone here anywhere so I urge everyone to keep a civil tone.

I can't speak for everyone but I feel that most people wouldn't mind if dates have to shift due to complications in development but we would like chucklefish to be a little more clear and honest with us when it comes to the dates. Especially since we were promised early access with our purchase and if the launch date is still this year then 2013 is quickly passing and making some customers nervous.

Luna likes this.
  18. Marokutai

HE NEVER SAID THAT ANYWHERE YOU ARE IMPLYING IT YOU NINCOMPOOP!

19. Skippy3

Calm down, or you're just as bad as Marotukai.

EDIT: Welp, I think it's time we just wait for the mods to arrive.

20. Drakearth

Drakearth Phantasmal Quasar

Its not really about ignorance for to see ingnorance is to see ignorance in the self.

The fact being the reason people are somewhat upheaving at things and saying beta when is because there is no deadline. This game has practically been in development in quite a while. While i am revaling in the fact that this game is rivaling $60 games with its content promises it does fall flat without a deadline which any sane comapany would use. If they keep going the way they are going "Adding more shiny than the main functions of the game" then they will never release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.