1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is the flying "Bobfae" monster so op?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Sir-JiggleBottom, Aug 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sir-JiggleBottom

Sir-JiggleBottom Void-Bound Voyager

http://starbounder.org/mediawiki/images/4/48/Bobfae.gif
    They destroy you in caves.
    And they respawn quickly and in huge numbers underground.
    So it's frustrating to take them on underground as you try to gather your dropped shit.
    pets got nerfed but this tiny flying creature is allowed to shed the blood of innocent hylotl?

2. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I'm gonna pretend all these threads are actually being made by hylotl. :)

You can capture one of those as a pet.

3. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I do agree that they can be a bit overpowered at times for no apparent reason.

They take twice as many hits as a lot of other enemies, and they deal about twice the damage as many other mobs do on the same planet, and as the OP said, they spawn in large numbers and they are just simply annoying.

4. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

I've never had any problems with these mobs....... I usually find them really easy to kill. Batong on the other hand are annoying as hell when trying to deal with a ton swarming you. There's no indication when it notices you and they fly at you nonstop unlike flying bobfae. Yeah they're easy to kill, unless they're the OP ones from traps.

5. Shadencile

Shadencile Phantasmal Quasar

If you find an atmosphere bird pet and give it a healing collar, it will just wreck all things for you... I don't have one myself, I have just a casual little flying pet, a randomly generated one that just does melee damage. He has a healing collar III and is pretty op. Unless I am on a final tier planet, but most other planets he just wrecks everything around me. Pets power is mostly based on your armor tier, so if you have max tier armor your pets going to hit harder and be able to take slightly more damage.
    It is pretty rare I am swarmed by things.... Maybe you are just unlucky xD

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. MidniteSteve

MidniteSteve Phantasmal Quasar

The solution to these and the bat are the same, get an assault rifle with spray as the secondary, or a flamethrower/rocket spear. Alternatively a shield and poison axe gets the job done fast.

Axe Garian and Ablekaine like this.
  7. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

If you get swarmed, have an electric-damage type weapon on you and smack them-the lancing electric bolts will deal bonus DoT and take them out fast. <3

Axe Garian likes this.
  8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

That's kinda difficult if they spawn on the first couple planets....

9. Ablekaine

Ablekaine Pangalactic Porcupine

That's when you embrace the oldest and noblest of pirate traditions...and run away.[​IMG]

10. LordBaconator

LordBaconator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Easiest way to deal with Bobfae is just to dig deeper right past them into the next underground biome. I only ever find those annoying ass things in the surface biomes.

Axe Garian and Phreazerburn like this.
  11. MidniteSteve

MidniteSteve Phantasmal Quasar

Flamethrower is early game, and you have a chance at a rifle at any point. and the damn bugs don't spawn on standard lush biome, in a minibiome maybe, but avoid that part for a bit if you must

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I thought bobfae were the really easy ones. The ones that flap about a bit but then get tired and stop for a few seconds.

Axe Garian, STCW262 and Lintton like this.
  13. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

broadswords, grenadethrowers, rocket launchers?

how do people have issues with these lowbobs

doesn't make some wonder that CF cut off all the special attacks when a stupid little fly is too tough all that what existed before must be a nightmare for players in this game.
    I really start to wonder how the average SB player actually plays, any oldschool platform game was like 100x harder. And that was back as a 10yo child something we could handle.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    Axe Garian, Squeegeeie and Ankali like this.
  14. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

No problems with bobfae, maybe on early levels but not now.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. Preday

Preday Starship Captain

And here we see the Floran poster in his natural habitat.

Ablekaine likes this.
  16. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

well a floran would complain about that one not having enough meat.