1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why have all my crew members multiplied by at least 4?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by stfuen, Jul 25, 2016.

1. stfuen

stfuen Void-Bound Voyager

Every single one of them is clickable. But I don't think they do more work on my ship even though they are quadruples. They're making me lag like crazy, and are getting in the way.
    [​IMG]

Mistwood likes this.
  2. lars911

lars911 Void-Bound Voyager

Let's just say....some stuff happened while you weren't looking ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3. Hawklaser

Hawklaser Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know about a way to remove the duplicates, but if want to get them out of the way give them furniture to go sit on/stand in/sleep on, and they seem to like occupying it and staying there for a while instead of piling up en-mass around your teleporter and other stations.

stfuen likes this.
  4. stfuen

And they follow me through servers too :( Restart doesn't help either
    --- Post updated ---
    It's getting worse D: Guys, what do I do?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    FadedSketch likes this.
  5. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Damn AI! It's only supposed to clone people when they die. :nurumad:

6. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

what if someone dies and gets reanimated? will the clone process alerady be started and produce a result?

7. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

Looks like that NPC duplicate bug is back...

8. TheFloranChef

Maybe, but it's not what happened here, right? They were there and cloned themselves while the captain was away. Reminds me of a movie with Michael Keaton...

stfuen likes this.
  9. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

If the captains wasn't there, how does he know what happened, or what not.

10. stfuen

I don't. All I know is the result :( S.A.I.L counts 7 Crew-members and My fuel capasity is at 5500. Not sure if that's more fuel capasity than I should have. Anyways, I'm not liking this :( Building on a planet to move away from this chaos and lag is not really an option, since I'm switching between a friends server and mine.

11. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

max fuel is 1k so soemthign is buggy here.

12. TheFloranChef

I have five crewmembers with no duplicates. 2 mechanics and 3 engineers. The fuel capacity is 5800. So it's not related to this cloning bug.

Exactly. Imagine what kind of parties they are having. :nurushock:

stfuen likes this.
  13. stfuen

Am I the only one with this problem? Can I do anything to fix this without losing progress?

14. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

I don'T have any crew members atm, isn't there a way to send them away or dismiss them?
    did you tried taking them on a mission and let them get killed. maybe they will nto all respawn and instead only one of each.

15. Yubs

Yubs Big Damn Hero

I had some crew members multiplying, try asking them to follow you onto the surface of the planet, then warping back up. That ended up getting rid of some of my copies!

16. stfuen

Thanks for the suggestion. I Just tried, could only take 2 with me at the same time and nothing much changed. I think maybe them dying is causing them to multiply, that or changing servers or beaming. I count 8 duplicates per crew-member atm.
    --- Post updated ---
    wat, how? D: They just tp after me, even though I tell them to stay.

17. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

TheFloranChef and stfuen like this.
  18. Yubs

Yubs Big Damn Hero

Looks like there is only one option left then:

Dismiss all of your crew members for having too much fun with the cloning machine. It is the only way. Do it before it is too late!

19. stfuen

I'm reluctant in letting them go, but I think you're right. I see no other way either. Beaming them to a nearby astroid to die. This ends now!
    All new crew-members will be castrated on arrival.

Yubs likes this.
  20. Yubs

Yubs Big Damn Hero

Quick question actually: What happens if a crew member dies when out on a planet with you? I've been absolutely terrified in taking them on missions in case that one of them dies forever. Starting to bond with em.