1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Why can't you do this?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Spike, Apr 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spike

Spike Supernova

So I've heard from the grapevine that:

So if you can capture monsters at low health, why not capture the target NPC at low health, then "release" said NPC back in your base? I'm more than certain that if an NPC are so injured that they needed to be carried back to your base, they wouldn't mind being transported via a card.

2. diskincluded

diskincluded Big Damn Hero

Some will literally need to be carried back... so do we put them in an inventory slot? Can we equip them?
    Hat: Injured mechanic

M C and Ted Gu like this.
  3. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

[​IMG]

Ted Gu and diskincluded like this.
  4. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

I think that quote means by carrying them, you pick up their bodies physically.

Imagine if you were the NPC who was injured and some guy came along and turned you into a hat... or a card.

Ted Gu likes this.
  5. StarMetal25

StarMetal25 Phantasmal Quasar

Or stuffed you into a tiny little ball.

I would bring a stretcher.

Ted Gu likes this.
  6. Nomicakes

Nomicakes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wearing PEOPLE?
    As HATS?!

[​IMG]

DoomFire, Ted Gu and diskincluded like this.
  7. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

It would be cool if there were medic kits and stim packs to heal the injured NPCs so it wouldn't be a hassle to carry them back.

Image you giving the dude a piggy back while constantly being harassed by monsters and the only source of weapon is your leg.

Then again, he might get turned into an item in your inventory and you can wear him as a hat.

Nomicakes, diskincluded and Ted Gu like this.
  8. diskincluded

Stim packs increase movement speed and firing rate, but deal a small amount of damage to HP.

Ted Gu likes this.
  9. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

Force NPC to fight alongside while as injured? :D

Ted Gu likes this.
  10. diskincluded

Ah, you're not a Starcraft player, I take it.
    But hey, they expect us to carry them while enemies are trying to give us new and interesting holes to breathe out of, so the least they can do is fire a gun or something.

Ted Gu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.