1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help why can everyone /admin on my clanforge server?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Helix1111, Sep 14, 2014.

1. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

why can everyone /admin on my clanforge/multiplay server? and how do i fix it?

2. Usiemon

Usiemon Cosmic Narwhal

How does it read in your starbound.config?
    I might be able to tell you how to fix the issue once I know the detail.

Helix1111 likes this.
  3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Change "allowAdminCommandsFromAnyone" to false. Delete any .clientcontext files (in the universe directory) if you need to reset their admin status back to default.

Helix1111 likes this.
  4. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

change allowadmincommandsfromanyone to false... what file? i dont see that in config or boot.[DOUBLEPOST=1410740161][/DOUBLEPOST]

{
    "bind": "50.23.129.98",
    "gamePort": 23525,
    "maxPlayers": 12,
    "rconPassword": "ljeoAEgNdt",
    "serverName": "Multiplay :: Utopia Starbound Server",
    "serverPasswords": [""]
    }

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  5. Usiemon

Usiemon Cosmic Narwhal

You can find allowAdminCommandsFromAnyone" in starbound,config file, which is located in Starbound base folder.[DOUBLEPOST=1410743003][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hmm, the entire starbound,config would help.
    Can you use a service such as pastebin so that I can see if there's no other issues?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  6. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

can i just add in

"allowAdminCommandsFromAnyone": ["false"]

7. Usiemon

Usiemon Cosmic Narwhal

Go ahead, but make sure you write as follows.
    Code:
      "allowAdminCommandsFromAnyone" : false,

Helix1111 likes this.
  8. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

i added that in... so it looks like this now...

BUT it didnt work even after i saved and applied and reset.

i didnt erase the client files i cannot figure out how...

but i tried making a new character and logged on to see if it worked but it didnt

9. Usiemon

Usiemon Cosmic Narwhal

Did you shut down the server 1st, and then apply the change?
    You need to kill the server program since it overwrites starbound.config every time it's shut down.

Should you need a real time instruction, contact Usiemon on Steam, whose profile picture is a pony tailed guy.

10. Helix1111

Helix1111 Big Damn Hero

Usiemon this is what i added... illl turn off the server and /save an apply/ ... before i didnt shut the server down to do this... the file show its still edited the way i edited it,.

{
    "bind": "50.23.129.98",
    "allowAdminCommandsFromAnyone": false,
    "gamePort": 23525,
    "maxPlayers": 12,
    "rconPassword": "ljeoAEgNdt",
    "serverName": "Multiplay :: Utopia Starbound Server",
    "serverPasswords": [""]
    }[DOUBLEPOST=1410800500][/DOUBLEPOST]i dont know what i did, but i reverted it back to how it originally was and now .. i cant even get online... and things like ' An error occured updating the player list (error: Failed to connect to server 50.23.129.98:23526 (Connection refused)) '

CONNNECTION REFUSEDDDDD now :( and its online. maybe its a clanforge bug.. ugh opening a server? worst idea ever.[DOUBLEPOST=1410902213][/DOUBLEPOST]now the config file is no whereto be found :( so my server is down and wasting money. gah... ill just upload my own config file but i dont think it will work because clanforge i think had a specific port and everything.. god what a nightmare..... i hate starboudn right now.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  11. ProfScarecrow

ProfScarecrow Big Damn Hero

I am not sure how much help this will be, but do you have a password set for the admin password? I am pretty sure if neither have a password set, Then it will count any connection as a admin account.