Who should run for mayor against Lewis?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Borodin, May 25, 2016.

1. Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

Genial, smiling Lewis. Always hanging around, willing to crow over how nobody else wants to run for his post. Has no intention to get people together to rebuild the Community Center or fix the broken bus. Does nothing, except act as master of ceremonies for special events, and spend an inordinate amount of time on trying to appear like one of the two guys who would play checkers in front of an oldtime drugstore.

I mean, yes, he's harmless. Which automatically puts him above 80% of the elected officials in any given real world nation. Perhaps more. Still...

Who would you run against Lewis, when the next election took place? Whom would you convince to step into his shoes, after a good airing out? Note: it can't be your character. Anyone else qualifies who's of age. (And I'm arbitrarily setting that above Jas and Vincent, and below everybody else.)

Last edited: May 25, 2016
      Gabaw likes this.
    • musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

Assuming that the only ones not available are Vincent, Jas, and the farmer, hmmm......

Emily! Why Emily? She has a very positive outlook, has connections (she's friends with Sandy), seems to get along with pretty much everyone, and is one of the few that doesn't seem to have an obvious flaw. Most of the adults have some flaw that makes it pretty hard to envision them as a mayor. I think MAYBE Robin or Leah too, but outside of that, most of the other adults are *ummm I can't see them in a mayor's role*.

So... Emily for mayor!

Gabaw likes this.
      • Irediel

Irediel Space Penguin Leader

i would have voted for Mr. Qi... heh.

Bubblebeam likes this.
        • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

I'd get Robin to throw her hat in the ring, I guess? She's been around a while, so she knows the town. She's got a self made business that is running well. She's got kids, but they're adult and thus aren't as reliant on her. She'd characterized as someone who's generally honest and well intentioned, even if those intentions don't always work out. She isn't shy or bashful to the point that it would interfere. Downsides would be that it could cut into her business, would probably have an emphasis on town repair and possibly expansion, and that Robin seems to be a bit of a ditz at random moments.

That said, I suppose that Gus could possibly be another contender? Maybe? I don't really deal with the guy, but for the most part he seems to have a level head on his shoulders. I suppose his worst trait could be that he is a bit of an enabler? At least in regards to supplying alcohol to people well past 'drunk', unless he actually does cut people off in dialogue and I've missed it.

As for the worst candidates out of actual citizens... I'd say Pierre, Caroline and Pam. Pierre would turn the town in a tourist trap that would wreck the town over time, Caroline's proven she has no regard for honoring vows given and thus would be near impossible to trust with town funds, Pam would probably be permanently boozed up.

Gabaw likes this.
          • SpaceClown

SpaceClown Star Wrangler

uhhhh me duh

• mrobake

mrobake Zero Gravity Genie

Mayor Lewis have set unwritten standards of what it needs to be the mayor of Pelican town: willing to have work time 8am - 2am++ every single day, no leave and no holiday; maintain good relations with all resident, and to have triple work position, which as mailman and event organiser.

Since all other resident returned home at max 12am, i think the only person with such endurance is the Farmer. Maybe one day when our farmer get old, and the kids continue the farming legacy, the farmer instead will become the mayor.

ssokolow, Megzzzx, Bubblebeam and 2 others like this.
              • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

Certainly good points, but the farmer has a whole farm to manage and a town to feed. The farmer may be good at managing an economy but there will be none if you abandon your critical position. It should be someone available, someone anti-Joja, someone experienced, hard-working, and who knows what a town needs to stay afloat. Someone who can use f**king magic yo! The purple powerhouse, the caped conjurer, the wicked wizard, RASMODIUUUUUUUSSS!!

mrobake likes this.
                • Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i vote me c:

SpaceClown likes this.
                  • Bubblebeam

Bubblebeam Phantasmal Quasar

Willy, Gus or Demetrius; they're much more friendly. When I returned Lewis' shorts and he went all defensive, I felt like telling him where to go.

• Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

Throwing a mutiny on the overlord eh? Just wait till he hears about this, you'll be stripped of your farm in no time!

Gabaw likes this.
                      • SpaceClown

SpaceClown Star Wrangler

vote me first

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

No self-characters allowed, and no children (Vincent) or aliens disguised as children (Jas).

Anyone else is fair game.

Gabaw and mrobake like this.
                          • Pscyon

Pscyon Big Damn Hero

Clint seems the obvious choice. He's charismatic, outgoing, always thinking of everyone else, hardworking and highly intelligent. Truly he is the guy for the job :)

• bozirra

bozirra Aquatic Astronaut

Linus, just because I like to watch the world burn [emoji52] but no Linus, he's been through the best of times, he's been through the worst of times, he's seen it all man, forever searching for one more trash cookie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I think this should be an end game choice for your farmer, once you've filled your farm with whatever (Crops, Artisan Goods, Slimes, Ancient Fruits and Kegs/Jars) you run for Mayor.

If no Farmer option, then I would say the Wizard. Because he is A WIZARD and will live off the life force of the town!

Or maybe a random Junimo should be Mayor?

• emeraldgreen72

emeraldgreen72 Phantasmal Quasar

Francis cause he hates Lewis and Lewis is hogging all the pills in the town. what if someone else needs those pills Lewis?

Last edited: May 27, 2016
                                    kinagshcao likes this.
                                  • Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i think a small white dog should be mayor. that would be the ideal scenario.

kinagshcao likes this.
                                    • bozirra

bozirra Aquatic Astronaut

What would the small white dogs name be, I think that would be the crux of whether it would win or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

I say Wizard because he is capable of doing all the tasks that the mayor can do. And I also vote Robin because she is best mom and knows what is best for the town anD WOULDN'T LET BUILDINGS ROT

mrobake, Gabaw and NikkSword like this.
                                        • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I'm inclining towards Robin, as well. She's job-focused, well-organized, and a hard worker. She does neglect one of her children, which could become even more of an issue if she took the post, but I think we'd agree she'd see to it that what needed fixing in the town was well and truly fixed. -I'd like her to have input from Leah, though, who's non-linear but highly creative. Robin sees a flower as part of a decorative divider between two growing zones. Leah would see a world within that flower, and try to make that world visible to everyone around her.

Gabaw and MagicallyClueless like this.