1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sophisticated Mayhem

Sophisticated Mayhem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think realistically August or September. Tiy's said time and time again he doesn't want to put out a crap product, and I bet the Starbound public beta isn't going to see the light of day until it's polished to bejesus and back.

2. Sophisticated Mayhem

Sophisticated Mayhem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, oh. I want to play this game, too! The Floran ship represents the beta, and the ice world below represents the public! Now, the Floran is all the dev team, and the codex/log book is the actual Starbound code, and by "Welcome to Starbound" tutorial text title, they really mean "BETA IS NEAR", and the actual date is the number of Floran hair spikes multiplied by the visible stars in the background using the trexidecimal cypher to process it!

And this picture indeed proves... BETA IS YESTERDAY!

...wait.

purywury likes this.
  3. joulesFect

joulesFect Subatomic Cosmonaut

Voted for july. I think june is a little early considering all the still have left to do. On the other hand, I feel like august might be a little late, but I'd also wager on that month as well. As for september/october/november/december, I feel they would not have enough "beta time" before the official release to justify the public beta. Anyways, pretty much just hoping for a release before the end of the summer and considering their pace and all that is done, why not ?

4. enthusedpanda

enthusedpanda Pangalactic Porcupine

a June/July release seems to be the most sensible for the userbase. it is perhaps not in terms of everything being polished, but we know for a fact the roadmap isn't going to be finished when the beta is released. the rough calculations of the roadmap being at 70% completion, while really disposable, do offer some insight in to the whole thing - in a year or so they completed that much of the game with no such financial backing as they're now experiencing.

further, a lot of the individual parts of the roadmap state that they will be easy to implement - a number of these things are below 50 percent complete, for perspective - and we also know that quests and missions will not be in the beta, and that a number of crafting/item/monster features have recently been fleshed out or completed.

factoring out quests and missions and what is actually left, it is not unreasonable at all to expect a June/July release. we're all off school, and it leaves another half a year for them to get the final version out. Beta phases require months, usually.

I totally respect how tight-lipped they are on an actual release day, though, and we'll likely be surprised and just have access to our keys with no notice.

CrimsonWingzz likes this.
  5. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Here's to hoping its before summer break ends.

6. Exterminator122

Exterminator122 Aquatic Astronaut

The sign that beta is near isnt this pic, but the daily updates of big progress. :p

7. Iojiki

Iojiki Starship Captain

Whoever said May...I want what you are smoking.

8. Kiingy

Kiingy Phantasmal Quasar

I'm guessing around June-August.

9. M0du5

M0du5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

lol @ the optimism shown is this poll.

operations likes this.
  10. TheRealShaunsred

TheRealShaunsred Big Damn Hero

Well, I don't think we're close enough for it to be released in may, so we can cross that off.
    And the game is coming out this year, so December, October, and November are unlikely for beta.

Late June/Early July would be an ideal time to release beta, as most things will be done by then, and people will be getting out from school, and thus have more time to play.

11. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

If only the most popular thing always happened.
    Is this the same group that voted last October that Starbound would be out before Christmas?
    I optimistically voted September, but the devs keep on giving themselves more work to do so your dreaming if you think it's coming out next month.

12. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

Tap your heels together and repeat "the beta could be out tomorrow", "the beta could be out tomorrow", "the beta could be out tomorrow"
    because you never know...

Pingeh likes this.
  13. Sicilian

Sicilian Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm just voting December.

14. gingerskittles

gingerskittles Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd say August, I don't think June will be it, this is because that's to soon IMO certain things are obviously still be worked on as the roadmap shows.

15. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

So long as they don't try to be perfectionists about it, May.

If they do decide the beta needs to be essentially perfect, I'd hazard a guess around August.

16. kayido

kayido Aquatic Astronaut

The only sure sign that beta is coming is that the alpha is ending.... I guess ... So is it ending?

17. CrimsonWingzz

CrimsonWingzz Pangalactic Porcupine

The Roadmap hasn't been updated for like 1-2 months.

18. Simon Petrikov

Simon Petrikov Ketchup Robot

Wheres Dectober. There has to be a Dectober, I RAFFLED DECTOBER 87th! Give me dectober.

19. tatswaru

tatswaru Phantasmal Quasar

Well, heh my mistake.
    Sorry for my derpy error.:V Either way to correct my last post, beta will be awesome, while the full version will be epic!:cool:
    Thanks for pointing out my mistake:up:
    EDIT: I hope I'll be able to support the testing, seeing as this will be my first beta testing:geek:

20. I don't think it really means anything. That's probably just there so it's ready when beta does come out, which isn't necessarily 'soon'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.