1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jezuitx

jezuitx Pangalactic Porcupine

I think we're overlooking something here. The Lusty Avian Maid is clearly meant to tell us that the Starbound team is hungry for love, and until we give them said love they will maintain their maidenhood...the Starbound data. So now the question is, who's going to take one for the Starbound community?

2. Markous

Markous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I voted yes because every day that goes by is just one day closer to beta being here. ;)

Garkarus and vimio like this.
  3. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

I think that's a message that you receive on start of a new game.

You guys are too anxious, that doesn't even LOOK like a hidden message!

4. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

But seriously, I enjoy reading the beta conspiracy theories. They at least give us something to read about. Although, I do agree, that is most likely some kind of welcoming message/tutorial thing.

5. bludud101

bludud101 Phantasmal Quasar

Everytime there's a post with this kind of title you're giving my hopes up just a little.. :(

vimio likes this.
  6. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

the devs said we would be the first ones to know when the beta will be.

if they didn't said anything then it's because even them don't know, end of story.

7. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

Wow not a pointless thread at all, in no way is op looking to much into it.

Sakaru, fallingorbit and Loopie like this.
  8. Loopie

Loopie The Number of the Minibeast

These threads get locked everyday it I think... But no this doesn't have to mean the BETA is coming out. Every time someone says the BETA is coming it just makes me less pumped about the BETA and wish that it'll come out later than sooner just so people can just stop taking every picture as a BETA hint. :lod:

9. Quenton

Quenton Phantasmal Quasar

I voted yes for the sake of trolling.

fallingorbit and Serenity like this.
  10. T-Rex

T-Rex Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Beta is near?
    [​IMG]

blaknes and fallingorbit like this.
  11. Melissia

Melissia Ketchup Robot

Nah, the stretch goals don't necesarily mean that they'll be in the game on release.

Also, more money means that they can pay their developers to work more on the game, including overtime.

12. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

The theme of this thread

13. Lazypeanut

Lazypeanut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Its most likely an introduction to the game when you start it up... :facepalm:

14. The truth is out there.

Honestly, these type of threads help some people out, and it is a General Discussion so I don't see the problem. I get it that other people don't like these type of threads, but you can usually smell them from a mile away so if you don't like them then exercise your right not to participate and then everyone can be happy.

I personally think these threads get silly, but every once in a while I indulge in some silliness, it's healthy.:geek::coffee:

Nvse and Wolfedg like this.
  15. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

that was actually kind of the point of the stretch goals, that those features make it in the game for launch day. chucklefish actually has a mountain of other feature they want to add post-launch. the things in the stretch-goals would have been some of them

i already knew that

16. reversePsychologist

reversePsychologist Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Unfortunately I'm afraid people are going to vote for what they hope for rather than for when they actually think the beta is going to be out. That said, progress seems steady and I'd even hazard June, but I thought like that even back in March so I'm not sure.

17. draglord102

draglord102 Star Wrangler

Why is there no February option? We know it won't happen till next year! Oh... and... OMG PHONEIX WRIGHT ERMAGERD DAT CRAZY GIRL IS THAT GIRL IN MILES EDGEWORTH! *dies*

18. Wolfedg

Wolfedg Pangalactic Porcupine

I do believe that the beta is near because of all the stuff the dev's are completing and telling us about of late. However the "Welcome to Starbound" is most likely a codex that is given to new players when they start the game. (Sorry if this has been mentioned, I did not read the whole thread.)

Zangoose likes this.
  19. Wolfedg

Wolfedg Pangalactic Porcupine

I have always wondered why people get upset about repeat or pointless threads. It's like they have some eye disease that causes their eyes to hurt when they see one kinda like the sound of nails on a chalkboard.

Nvse and Zangoose like this.
  20. ZangooseSlash

ZangooseSlash Black Hole Surfer

beta isnt near nor will it ever be
    just kidding, but i doubt beta will be out this month
    if it is i'll be pleasantly pleased

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.