1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rankomonaut

Rankomonaut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is that maid a promised woman to the ones who get Beta-access? Sounds just logic the way you say it...

2. DNAY!

DNAY! Ketchup Robot

It's probably just the backstory you start with.

3. IndieGamerRid

IndieGamerRid Zero Gravity Genie

Guys, guys, the devs. are saying things, that means BETA SOON!

No offense meant, but...that's likely a default piece of content as a introductory text that starts out in your logbook. Like, you know, "You started a game, here's some things that are recommended for you to do, like build a shelter, here are things to look for, here are things to look to try next and look forward to, and here's your overarching goal. Have fun!" Not a tutorial, per se, but an introduction.

People need to chill with the beta conspiracies.

Roll on Tuesday.

Renlou, Sakaru, XVDragoNX and 3 others like this.
  4. Bigkahuna

Bigkahuna Big Damn Hero

All that probably means is that they have written up the initial welcome message to new players, not that they're hinting about a beta release. It's been stated several times that they will let us know when they beta is once they have figured it out themselves.

5. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

This is not a sign, you've clearly misinterpreted what was meant to be a simple placeholder message welcoming a new player to the world of Starbound. *facepalm*

Edited by:
    -Seria-Myouna

6. Landlaw

Landlaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

maybe is realy near

7. vimio

vimio Big Damn Hero

LOL

8. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

This.. this has got to be the most silly tinfoil-hattery yet. :laugh:
    I mean really.. the implimentation of the crafting ui and finishing 1300 recipies is a bigger clue.

Not that the clues point to anything BUT, 2013.

Ard Galen likes this.
  9. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Because there is totally no way that is a Tutorial on the game basics.

10. M07HMAN

M07HMAN Aquatic Astronaut

It may seem like the beta is impending because of all the updates, but i think that is more of a community courtesy. Believe me, I hope the beta comes out soon but I am still willing to wait as long as it takes for the devs to feel it is ready. Sure they could roll out with it today if they wished, but with all the missing pieces that are going to make starbound starbound, people would probably loose interest or flood the forums with ideas that area already in the works, then scream out when the daily update does not reflect their wishes.

Hell, I got trolled hard last night when a friend of mine changed his registry files to view notepad as a game: 'Starbound v.53' and linked it to steam. Seeing that pop up on steam caused me to flip my lid lol.

Who knows, maybe you are right and beta is around the corner and my pontifications are pointless ::shrug::

For now all we can do is be patient and watch the art happen.

11. LimeTwist

LimeTwist Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh look. a guide book for when you start up starbound. Probably explaining key features that they added in when they were working on that there codex to test it as well as to get the guide out of the way. That definitely means that we are so close to beta, I can almost taste it :rolleyes:

In other less sarcastic words. I doubt it means much. We don't even have that trailer that was suppose to be released two weeks ago. I wouldn't get your hopes up just yet

12. Manry

Manry Void-Bound Voyager

I am so sad right now.

Hey these forums are called the Starbound forums. Starbound is coming out today woahh

Ard Galen and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Beta is nearing but I am not sure it is near yet.

Lumberjack_Liam likes this.
  14. Xilitu

Xilitu Industrial Terraformer

Tiy stated that the beta will just be bugg testing so first they need to get everything IN the game and mostly polished up :p and since there's still stuff being put in Beta isnt near at all

15. Annoctatio

Annoctatio Pangalactic Porcupine

It COULD mean that the beta is near.

OR it's just simply a codex page that appears when you start a new character.

16. AlphaMongoose

AlphaMongoose Ketchup Robot

Beta probably is near, but not because of some codex.

17. Iroza

Iroza Phantasmal Quasar

Hey, whatever helps calm your mind to believe its close.

18. vimio

vimio Big Damn Hero

Making these threads and discussing it actually helps

19. Lumberjack_Liam

Lumberjack_Liam Existential Complex

yeah...

20. Sadron

Sadron Ketchup Robot

Why hasn't this thread been closed? :zzz:

vimio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.