1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeltaSpartan

DeltaSpartan Void-Bound Voyager

I voted August since we have no chance for July :( (Or do we? *dun dun dunnnn* :ssssssssss:)

Durg likes this.
  2. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

It will be out TOMORROW.

... hey, don't laugh...

DeltaSpartan likes this.
  3. DeltaSpartan

DeltaSpartan Void-Bound Voyager

HUE HUE HUE
    HURRR:giggle:
    HAHHAHHAHHAH
    ...lol

4. DrPhibes

DrPhibes Pangalactic Porcupine

Let's celebrate with a song!

sankto likes this.
  5. Durg

Durg Orbital Explorer

We have meetings every week at the old church in the basement, SWOTR Anonymous

6. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

why did i choose july :notworthy:

7. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

Because your hope was bigger than your common sense.
    Dosent mean its a bad thing either, just channel it somewhere more productive :p

8. Skitle

Skitle Master Chief

For the people who complain about the time they take to get the game out think about this: Do you prefer a game that regularly updates and that is full of glitchs? Or do you prefer a good game that they've put time in?

9. Greatblackshark

Greatblackshark Cosmic Narwhal

I hope I don't end up saying the same thing in September which is the month I chose :confused:

10. Solarius

Solarius Aquatic Astronaut

Since it's a beta there should and will be bugs, and updates regularly. If you expect a smooth game upon beta release (Which is what Tiy is striving for for a beta release for some reason) then you might be disappointed since it won't be a fully completed product.

11. Helel

Helel Void-Bound Voyager

I think we WILL see Beta till end of summer... We MUST! :)

P.S. Voted for August long time ago.

12. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

/sigh
    Tiy is aiming for a feature complete beta, which is what a beta should be to begin with. There's a huge difference with what you said

Teudys likes this.
  13. Solarius

Solarius Aquatic Astronaut

Beta development stage is a undefined range of product completion with an undetermined length of time. Only until recently have developers been striving to make the beta development closer to product release because the ratio of consumers that will tolerate a product that is buggy to consumers who will call it complete trash is skewed. So to keep the product from bombing upon releasing a version of the product to the masses the term "beta" has adopted a more complete product, which has made the meaning of beta to newer generations an incorrect term.

An example of a correct beta term is Firefall. Granted it is a completely different genre of game on a completely different engine, but the Firefall closed beta lasted a couple years if i'm not mistaken, and has had the entire game undergo a complete revamp.

That being said, firefall has had way more funding and staffing than the Starbound team. I'm in no way stating they need to release there game early they need to take their time otherwise the community will eat them alive unfortunately.

You are correct that Tiy is going for a feature complete beta, but he's also going for stable or a smooth beta since they are working out as many of the bugs with the features they are adding. So what I said isn't that different from what Tiy is striving for.

14. RoKingTiger

RoKingTiger Space Spelunker

o pls plspls pls release it on 4 august on my birthday pls THIS IS MY WISH !!!!!!!!!! pls im waiting it for a long time like the others fans

15. Rochelle

Rochelle Intergalactic Tourist

I'm reading people want like Beta noaw!! rawr, smash key-board!.. :(
    I'm like, don't rush perfection silly. This looks like its going to be an amazing game that will make minecraft and terraria cry to bed.
    I hope when it's finished it can fit on my computer. It looks like it will have soooooo many features and suprises - like a bag of candy X3

[​IMG]

Eoghanpm2 and warcore like this.
  16. Cassord

Cassord Orbital Explorer

17. Esorono

Esorono Void-Bound Voyager

I said October, I've seen multiple game developments and at this stage, it looks like a few monther.

18. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

not likely the devs will likely have a beta release date a month or two before

19. Sid_M

Sid_M Big Damn Hero

It wont be this summer, you people are kidding yourselves. Beta will be october at the earliest would be my bet.

20. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

Should be a option that says 'I don't care I'm tired of these threads' whatever I choose oct

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.