1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

I am assuming the beta will be out July considering the amount of information we have about the progress of features. I just hope it will be out before August so I can play it before school starts back up.

2. GreenLink93

GreenLink93 Void-Bound Voyager

Imagine the rage from people if there was an error with that release date. xD

3. Friendorpho

Friendorpho Void-Bound Voyager

I suspect soon(ish) since the frequency of progress updates has gone from occasional to daily. But if that means next week or next month I will not speculate on.

GreenLink93 likes this.
  4. Nanohurtz

Nanohurtz Space Spelunker

I would have voted May 2015, but the option did not seem to exist :up:

GreenLink93 likes this.
  5. FixelPixel

FixelPixel Pangalactic Porcupine

Hmmm, a pony with great boobs, boob trap!
    And, i voted August

6. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

The amount of optimism in that poll is too damn high...I mean, they didn't even announce the release date, how can they release it in June or July?

But yes, maybe we will get it in August or something.

7. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

How can you think July? Clearly it will be after Insomnia Festival since Starbound will have an exclusive look there and be played by Yogscast.

8. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

You're not new here. Stop pretending you don't know that that doesn't mean anything.

9. Loria Cesaille

Loria Cesaille Big Damn Hero

You lot saying it won't be here in 2013 are weird...

GreenLink93 likes this.
  10. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

I said Beta now not the game. The beta can come out whenever and still be played at Festivals an conventions. When is the Insomnia Festival anyways? I haven't been keeping up.

11. over01

over01 Big Damn Hero

I really really hope July.X3

braulio1984 likes this.
  12. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Actually july would be great.

braulio1984 likes this.
  13. Arkoonius

Arkoonius Subatomic Cosmonaut

They seem to be relatively close at the least considering they're working on porting the game to use DirectX. After the intros are done, AI is relatively finished, game has a DirectX port, I think we should see a beta release soon :)

So, July seems likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was August. If anything, August at the latest I'm guessing.

14. WhiteMousse

WhiteMousse Title Not Found

December is my guess.

15. Esahc_

Esahc_ Cosmic Narwhal

I feel like people think that this thread is about the full game not the beta. The Beta will not come out in December because the full game is set to release this year so release the beta for a week would be kinda stupid. Remember the game will be released this year so I am still going with my current guess that the beta will be released in July unless proved otherwise.

XRiZUX likes this.
  16. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Yeah I agree with this. It would be wise to have the beta released and running for more than a month, while they work on implementing the rest to release the full game experience.

But I also think that the beta should be a polished experience, but what's more important for a beta is to have all the core mechanics in place, and all the core functions which are the most important functions for the full release. So those mechanics and functions which are most important could receive the feedback that it needs. Like if there are any bugs which are more hidden and would pop up after you have played for a long period of time, it would be nice to have those fixed for the full release, so they can focus more on the additional implementations.

So, what I'm thinking is a August / September release for the beta. Any later than that though could become critical.

17. azarga

azarga Big Damn Hero

November, I keep tellin' ya.

Rarity likes this.
  18. Rarity

August 23rd-26th. Even though Tiy has said Beta isn't affected by the festival, you can't ignore it does say Exclusive look at Starbound on the web page. I believe the beta will not come out until after the festival.

Besides, what obligation does Chucklefish have to release the game in 2013? Nowhere does it say we have to release this game in 2013. Chances are it will be delayed until 2014. I'm willing to be quoted on that.

19. Sousuke Kuroda

Sousuke Kuroda Spaceman Spiff

That could be a reference to the story and progression of starbound seeing as a beta release will be lacking those.

20. Rarity

That makes no sense. If the beta is lacking those features, what's stopping it from coming out then? I don't believe for one second that features such as that will be removed from the Beta. It would make no sense to pour man hours into something that isn't going to be part of the beta in addition to the release. And besides, you would want those features of the game, even if it's just one intro, tested by multiple people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.