1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

People are just voting june because, somewhere, way down inside, they honestly believe the more you vote for june, the harder the devs will work.

Well, that's my theory, it's either that, or they have a dire case of (Please refrain from using foul language, and take another look over our ToS!)

Gouki likes this.
  2. Supreme Suprise

Supreme Suprise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

well, if that's how people think (and I'm not saying that's how they do), then their logic is actually less productive then adapting a more restrained attitude. What I mean here is that by NOT putting any form of strain on the devs, their actually going to be more productive. If people are constantly nagging them, it puts pressure on them to get the product out NOW, rather then when its actually ready for release LATER. *cough Bethesda cough*

3. DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

Ah, flying mammoths and backward gliding dragons.

Gouki and Supreme Suprise like this.
  4. dirtydingo

dirtydingo Intergalactic Tourist

This isn't entirely true. Most games now-a-days have "open betas" as a publicity stunt, not to actually test the game. If they were to release beta builds that were focused on specific testing, such as how the netcode handles with a large number of people per say, it would make sense to release it.

5. Supreme Suprise

Supreme Suprise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

But that just proves my point. If I'm understanding you correctly, then what you're necessarily saying is that companies are using their unfinished products as bait, if you will, while they madly scrabble to piece something together because they gave in to a too early release date that seemed reasonable at the time. Granted, that's just a view. I'm not trying to start anything here.

Sousuke Kuroda likes this.
  6. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

I jsut hope they arent counting in valve time, because only valve knoews when december 2013 is than

edit: valve time:
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time

Supreme Suprise likes this.
  7. Remiarn

Remiarn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Phyrex said:
    i voted september because its my birthday and actually it has nothing to do with having the beta on my birthday. i just randomly clicked september cause its my birthday.
    the beta will be here soon(tm)​

I was going to say August because its my birthday, seems you beat me too it! Well played :iswydt:

8. Remiarn

Thank god for modders to fix all of bes's mistakes. I think Skyrim would have been another fail release though not on the scale of say....SimCity but, it would have been bad.

9. ViolentByDesign

ViolentByDesign Subatomic Cosmonaut

Haha. A lot of people are thinking this summer eh? Wouldn't get your hopes up. :rofl:

10. Remiarn

True there is a lot still to be done but, we can hope!

11. Insanitor

Insanitor Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]Just saying :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Taddl and Supreme Suprise like this.
  12. EnderRydel

EnderRydel Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The optimist in me wants to say it'll be out late July/early August. The realist in me isn't expecting it till October at least.

13. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Now I'm not even sure in 2013.

14. Pyrii

Pyrii Existential Complex

I want to see more votes for December.

15. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

Daaaamn, I voted December out of mistake...I think July, to be honest.

16. Zeriga

Zeriga Phantasmal Quasar

December. Because there is no "2014+" option.

It is possible for them to release this year, however... If they keep trying to add more things before release they're going to have a hard time. This is what "Content Updates" are for.

Bethor likes this.
  17. Middleman93

Middleman93 Star Wrangler

I voted December, because I'm going to convince myself it's coming out in December. That way, as long as Tiy's promise of "It will happen in 2013." (exact citation needed, but I know I've seen it) holds true, I'll more than likely be pleasantly surprised with an earlier than expected release.

18. DrPhibes

DrPhibes Pangalactic Porcupine

Why? Personal experience writing network code for 2d sandbox games?

19. elfritobandito9

elfritobandito9 Void-Bound Voyager

I agree that it will be around Insomnia. When we all got sad because we assumed it would be after Insomnia, Tiy responded saying it will hit Beta when it's ready, whether thats before or after Insomnia. He stated it's good publicity either way. If he was certain it would be later, he would probably just say it's likely after Insomnia. The fact that he left ambiguity if its before or after leads me to believe it's within the realm of possibility.

20. Lucid Dreams

Lucid Dreams Aquatic Astronaut

I voted September but October would make more sense since that's the month im off to Niue for a couple weeks so it would make complete sense for beta to start when I couldn't play it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.