1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jambox5

jambox5 Big Damn Hero

I do the same thing, and every week my heart breaks

2. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well the roadmap makes it look like there is a large chunk of the game done, so the beta at least should come soon

3. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

I still think December (But don't believe it will release in 2013 at all). They only just now added DirectX support.

4. Spike

Spike Supernova

I agree. Though I'd go so far as to say that Tiy would probably push it back to 2014 just so the game would work better.

5. Rarity

As much as it pains me to say, I agree. I think 2013 won't happen. Sorry to disappoint, but let's be real. This "estimation" they've given us is proven to be out of reach given how little of the game was actually done. I can't honestly believe they actually had a release date planned for 2012. The game barely has any features.

Until yesterday the game didn't have any humanoid NPCS at all

Sheerhatred and Hypersthene like this.
  6. HellFireSoul

HellFireSoul Big Damn Hero

A beta doesn't have to last long, so it could start at the beginning of december for all we know, and the game could still be released by the end of december.

7. Sowaka

Sowaka Phantasmal Quasar

October at the earliest. NPCs are only just being implemented and were only just clothed... how much more needs to be done before they spawn at the right spots, behave correctly, use different attack patterns, or even wield guns and melee weapons? Equipment was only just plugged into the game as well, I doubt any of them even have stats assigned, even then... balancing is going to be a very very long process. They also have yet to do much work on servers coding, which I think is going to be one of the longest pieces of the game to assemble.

However long it takes... I'm still excited! Can't wait to finally get into beta and then roll on the ground sobbing when I lose all my character's data on release.

8. Rarity

I expect another year of development, honestly. Which makes me sad that they put pre-orders out this early.

9. TheLoanArranger

TheLoanArranger Ketchup Robot

How is that relevant? This sort of thing pops up so often, and yet it's completely meaningless.

If I tell you I'm going to list 10 numbers in no particular order, and I tell you the last one I added to the list was 7, do you know how far I have to go? Without context, no, you don't- 7 might be the last number in the list, or halfway through, or anywhere else.

10. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

they did pre-orders because they caved in to the community's demand (or at least, to its more vocal part, which might not be the best/most representative either)

11. HellFireSoul

No way dude. If not this year, it'll be early next year. Another whole year is pessimism to the max!

12. Pofinator

Pofinator Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Never thought of it like that...

13. Drakearth

Drakearth Phantasmal Quasar

Its not pessimism to the max. Its only a tiny bit with a little optimism. We should already be in beta based on development and following last years deadline fiasko.
    With how they are going about it now, at a snails pace mind you, i don't see it coming out till next september.
    I'm quite surprised that we don't see people pulling refunds now.

14. bumgada

bumgada Star Wrangler

I think late June/early July, only because on the daily updates the keep talking about bug fixes, which might mean they are trying to polish some stuff before the beta is released.

15. HellFireSoul

Are we even reading the same daily updates? Based on them, it looks like they're making great progress with the game. Snail's pace my ass.

16. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

August. I can't really understand why the majority would think June. Are they reading the same daily updates as me? The roadmap was recently updated too. I think even August might be pushing it, and wouldn't be surprised with a September beta. Tiy himself said beta would happen after everything was finished and all major bugs were fixed, they aren't even close to that stage yet.

They haven't even started on the story/quest elements of the game which is going to take a long time!

17. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

But what Time zone, because that matters, if they'd take us time they would have failed most of the world, especially if they'd take the west coast.

18. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

All of them starbound developers have discovered how to bend time and space.

19. Supreme Suprise

Supreme Suprise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Gosh, I guess I'd better wish you an early 'Happy Birthday!' then...I'll probably forget if I don't. :rofl:

20. Supreme Suprise

Supreme Suprise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know...this poll seems a little overly optimistic. Do that many people actually Beta will be here this month? I'm thinking that's a bit more of wishful thinking. I'd hope it comes out sometime this summer, but hey, you never know (and that's not necessarily a bad thing).

Cirom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.