1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. petelectro

petelectro Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think the beta will be rolled out with the next batch Steam: Early Access games (or the one after that). That would explain the Steam NDA and why they won't comment on release date discussion at all (would probably be under the NDA as well if it states that the release window of the next early access games is to remain secret).

2. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

The steam nda, explains why they aren't commenting, which proves a steam nda is.. one of the best circular reasoning examples I've seen in awhile.
    Not trying to be mean, you just have to watch out for those. ;)

We do know its coming out on steam, true. However that's been known for some time, and they have given estimated dates before. So this probably isn't the reason for silence.
    More likely is that they missed an estimate before so now are giving themselves plenty of time to work on it, just to be safe.

3. Ashkore

Ashkore Space Hobo

I would not hold my breath, tentative release dates have proven clearly ineffective in the past (2012 anyone? Google: Starbound Release Date and you will see where I am coming from), so it is safe to assume that the only sensible and veritable release date (or Beta Event Date, works for it too) is: when it's done.

Therefore I did not cast a vote, however the Starbound team would do well to try and keep the community (a surprisingly loyal as well as patient one at that) more in the know about the progress of things like the Beta Event, the addition of frequent, daily updates on the main site was a good start to try and alleviate the relatively prevalent information starvation.

4. Shasta

Shasta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They never specified a year... This concerns me
    (Note: 2013 is ESTIMATED release)

Starsly likes this.
  5. Caidoz

Caidoz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

After E3 at the earliest, so let's aim for July or August.

6. Quizok

Quizok Subatomic Cosmonaut

Why so pessimistic? Tiy said 2013 release, therefore 2013 it will be.

7. Shu1tz

Shu1tz Void-Bound Voyager

Я думаю в середине или конце лета

8. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

that means "i think in the middle or end of summer" for those who arent into russian or w/e it is (google translate)

Shu1tz likes this.
  9. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

beta is coming tomorrow, ofc :D

10. Musetrigger

Musetrigger Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

By how fast they're going, maybe around the mid or late summer?

11. brazzk

brazzk Master Chief

I wonder how big (if at all) of a factor is Terraria 1.2 update. It's planned to be released in July and I bet majority of this community wants to play both T1.2 and SB beta. And as there is no real hurry to start SB beta ASAP devs might take into consideration T1.2 release and set beta date accordingly. Although beta in July is IMO rather optimistic prediction anyway.

12. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

If I was a Dev I still wouldn't like to have about 2,000+ E-mails/Complaints from the community about me messing up.
    An upset community can add stress, but I guess for an experienced Dev it doesn't matter :p

13. MRGOOGLES

MRGOOGLES Phantasmal Quasar

they are working on chat bubbles right now... i feel they are very close so i'm saying next month with hope :D :fireball::fireball::fireball::fireball::fireball::fireball::fireball::fireball::fireball::fireball:

14. Musetrigger

Hope burns with the intensity of a thousand Novakid cores.

15. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

I vote December. Seems like a pretty good estimate, based on trends.

16. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

Remember though, there still needs to be space for the full game in 2013.

Musetrigger likes this.
  17. Rarity

December 1st Beta. December 31st Release.

18. Musetrigger

That might not be enough time to iron out all of the bugs to be found in the beta, though.

19. Rarity

I was kidding. I was not at all serious.

20. Knomic

Knomic Subatomic Cosmonaut

I voted June. Look at "May 21st progress" and see how much they did in one day. I don't see the BETA being released in anything longer than July, honestly. So sorry everyone, you're not getting a beta for your birthday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.