1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Casm

Casm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I voted July. It's not as soon as I'd like but given the daily updates and the rate of progress they've been making, I think they'll have enough accomplished by June to give us a date and a month to prepare for it, making the actual beta start in July.

Undead likes this.
  2. Cake

Cake Cosmic Narwhal

The cake says June, the cake does not lie.

Undead and monsi like this.
  3. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

well thats the thing, in a beta, such "criticism" is even more inappropriate and unneeded than in a proper launched game

Undead likes this.
  4. Undead

Undead Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree people are way to demanding.

5. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

we crossed that threshold long ago. nowadays people are just stupid (no offense, but you know its true)

Undead likes this.
  6. Undead

Yeah but your alright.

7. Dwagon

Dwagon Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Exactly that. "Soon" is such a funny word; it's completely nebulous and yet carries a connotation of immediacy.
    Even estimates of "within a month" or "by the end of the year" though still ambiguous have logical limits.

8. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

I still think its between now (as in the actual time you read this IF it isnt released yet) and before 1-1-2014. and of that i am 100% sure.

but in my mind its still december at its earliest :) and than around christmas, the actual end of the year. If its sooner all the better, but in the meantime i wont have to deal with the dissapointment if it doesnt come out in the month you think it comes out

9. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

I'm probably being too optimistic but I voted for July. It's probably just the flood of updates but I figure another month of work & it should be ready. Although chances are it'll be another 2-3 months.

10. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

Its just December, deal with it;)

11. Renlou

Renlou Industrial Terraformer

If it comes out on June I'm gon go crazy with exams and stuff. Who needs college anyway...

12. Bethor

Bethor Big Damn Hero

I dont have time in June and August, so i'll go September for you, but not before that

13. Relyte

Relyte Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think June is a bit optimistic. From the state of some of the systems, I guessed, pretty much randomly, October. Wouldn't be surprised for September though.
    I'd be a little bit shocked if it was July or August. Gotta get that polish on, sorta thing.

14. fallingorbit

fallingorbit Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Beta just means feature complete, not bug free (and certainly not polished).

But I agree that a late August early September estimate is probably a realistic estimate.

15. ZephyrSpark

ZephyrSpark Big Damn Hero

What?! I demand a recount of those too demanding vs those that arent!

16. Driver405

Driver405 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm... I would say... Late June to Mid July(Hopefully), or Late July to Mid August(Probably).

Undead likes this.
  17. LFPO8k

LFPO8k Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's going to be on a procedurally generated date, thats my guess. :)

Repede and Undead like this.
  18. Undead

Me too 7/11

19. Otherworldly

Otherworldly Industrial Terraformer

Whatever month I have summer break...

Please... :c

Pie4Pigs and Pingeh like this.
  20. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

:lod: ... No, you are wrong - It's going to release when it's ready. In exactly one month and 14 days from now, I checked the Starbound calendar yesterday.

Renlou likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.