1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Month would you think Beta is going to start? (Poll)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by CrimsonWingzz, May 15, 2013.

?

Which month do you think Beta is gonna be out?

1. May

49 vote(s)
    3.5%
  2. June

353 vote(s)
    25.2%
  3. July

403 vote(s)
    28.7%
  4. August

265 vote(s)
    18.9%
  5. September

143 vote(s)
    10.2%
  6. October

54 vote(s)
    3.8%
  7. November

23 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. December

112 vote(s)
    8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undead

Undead Subatomic Cosmonaut

:chucklefish:That's kinda the point of a Beta, to complain so they can fix the bugs

2. Danner16

Danner16 Big Damn Hero

I am putting my money on early July. I'm hoping for late June but my gut is telling me early July, and my gut feelings are usually right.

3. Jääkäri

Jääkäri Pangalactic Porcupine

June. Believe me. :mindwurm:

4. anyMany

anyMany Void-Bound Voyager

July sounds about right. :)

5. TinnedEpic

TinnedEpic Void-Bound Voyager

I'd like to think July but I'm almost tempted to say August too. Still a fair bit to do, but I have confidence in developers ;), they seem like good hardworking peeps. The sort of people I would aspire to work with one day.

Keep up the good work guys, Starbound is looking great.

6. I only choose to believe it's not in the least bit close to being released because my body isn't ready.

DrPhibes and VoidFusion like this.
  7. Malthazare

Malthazare Phantasmal Quasar

I don't think the game is coming untill sometime around September maybe even later.

8. Darlas

Darlas Starship Captain

If you take a look here http://steamdb.info/app/211820/#section_history you can see something is going on with changing stuff for a Steam (Beta?) Release.
    In case you cant open it i made a screenshot.

[​IMG]

But this is just speculation.

LastDay likes this.
  9. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Merged beta speculation threads.

The steam thing was interesting. Seen it before, but not with the new history.

EDIT: Merged another thread. Used the one with the poll as a template.

10. DrPhibes

DrPhibes Pangalactic Porcupine

Happens all the time. Folks are reading way too much into this. Last summer the users of the steam forums watched SteamDB 24/7 waiting for signs of the upcoming summer sale. Turned out almost none of the reg changes had to do with the sale.

LastDay likes this.
  11. UncleCoord

UncleCoord Big Damn Hero

I am really really hoping for a June release, I have friends coming from abroad for a lan party and it would be truly epic to experience Starbound with them in person ^_^... plus alcohol and pizza HOYYY

StarshiyLeytenant likes this.
  12. Alexooox

Alexooox Phantasmal Quasar

Well i hope its in june :D:DD best way to start the beta its the beginning of the summer :rainbow:

13. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

'cept im not talking about the constructive sort of complaining, im talking about complaining like "why cant i do this yet ?", "they lied, x feature isint in" blablabla

like i said, betas have been bastardized in the past years (im not even sure beta is the right word anymore) and nowadays people seem to treat it as the real game and act stupid because of all the pre-launch junk that was called beta and stuff like that

Xander likes this.
  14. Xander

Xander Spaceman Spiff

Exactly this. Besides right now they have enough internal testers to make sure they are catching the big bugs.
    A public beta will be useful to them, most likely, when they have it near completion to find the obscure ones.

15. Annoctatio

Annoctatio Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm just going to vote May because I am an impatient man.

16. NightFire

NightFire Parsec Taste Tester

Beta........i would say 2 months from now....if you haven't noticed the updates it seems there glossing over everything for preparation of beta

17. popbot

popbot Subatomic Cosmonaut

Guessing July, hoping June, probably August. Seems three or so months is a reasonable average from "added to steam DB" and release date judging by other games that were found on Steam DB and either were released or have release dates (Fez and the new civ 5 expansion for ex.). Some games are much quicker, only a month, some are a year... so yeah.

18. budsygus

budsygus Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh you speculators!
    [​IMG]

Darlas and Corsair114 like this.
  19. Undead

Undead Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well you'll get that even in the full game.
    You cant make every one happy.

20. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

I think june would be a little to soon july or late june early july would make sense plus july is my birthday :D

Undead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.