1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's Your Favorite Race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by DialgaTheTimeLord, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Gila

Gila Big Damn Hero

Actually I play as a glitch
    I just like hylotl because I feel pity for them

2. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Fisshmen need no pity, only more tartar ssauce.

The Squid and TrueEdge like this.
  3. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

4. BlasphemyX

BlasphemyX Starship Captain

Novakid! first i hated the ship, now it got trees in it, now i love it.

I love all races, but vegetables need to stop eating fish. U both should be my nourishment. Make good meal together

5. Sirrobert

Sirrobert Big Damn Hero

Except for both being made out of plants, they are NOTHING alike. They are basicly the opposite in character

Serenity likes this.
  6. Grifs

Grifs Void-Bound Voyager

Florans. I find their child-like ignorance and curiosity on certain things hilarious. And IDK, floran dance(???)

As for the Glitch, it's probably a love-hate thing; as much as I hate going medieval on a robot, I like how the late-tier armors have that Adeptus Custodes vibe.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  7. VoidDragon

VoidDragon Intergalactic Tourist

I can't choose between Avians, Glitch and Florans...

8. Robotoh

Robotoh Orbital Explorer

Apex.
    I relate to the fear of the "Big Ape"
    Plus beards. :p

Purple shawl likes this.
  9. Runex

Runex Aquatic Astronaut

My favorite race is the Glitch, i find their search for meaning relatable. My second favorite race are the grounded Avians due to their outlook and backstory, and the Human story is interesting.

10. creca

creca Big Damn Hero

I love florans and hylotl, as for least liked that one goes to avian and apex

11. Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

Avians, Humans, Hylotl, & Novakids all share my heart equally! :lickitung:<3

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  12. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

I can't tell how many times such posts emerged on this Forum Page.[DOUBLEPOST=1425907803][/DOUBLEPOST]

Heard you like fish.

[​IMG]

13. FakeGeekGamerGirl

FakeGeekGamerGirl Big Damn Hero

14. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

Avians.

Aviansmasterrace ;)

And if modded races are included: Avali.... X.D

Presios Saiyan likes this.
  15. The Half Sane Magician

The Half Sane Magician Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really like novakid but part of their lore does not fit with me so i don't have a favorite yet :p

that part of their lore is their lack of the desire to explore history

16. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Lore-wise, I'd have to say humans are probably the best race; they have the most complete story, followed closely by the avians and apex. The florans and glitch we have a general idea of the lore for, but not much. The hylotl and novakid we have especially little for.
    So, from a lore perspective, I guess humans are my favorite. A judgement that falls apart when I look at the rest of the game.

...Slightly off-topic, I'm surprised this thread is still alive. A while ago, any of these threads were taboo and locked, then redirected to a megathread that has since been unpinned.

17. Muffintrain

Muffintrain Subatomic Cosmonaut

I like Florans for being quite an interesting race in general. I also like some foliage designs they have.
    And Avians are just so cute and fluffy. I even spawned a couple dozens and still find most of them good-looking. And the architecture. I really love hanging around their villages because it looks so nice. I also get giddy when I find Avian airships. Those things are just awesome.

18. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

Avians, we're beautiful, we got a rich culture, our technology is something that no one really understands and we have plummage

19. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

Avians.

Just look at how pretty I am.

20. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

You know that not every birds have cloacas right? the most evolved ones have envolved genitalia as well, like ducks for example, so avians probably have envolved genitalia...since they're enolved creatures