Whats a good blogsite for displaying progress for game design?

Discussion in 'Games' started by burningleos, Jan 5, 2016.

1. burningleos

burningleos Cosmic Narwhal

Hey Guys, I need some help on what blogsite i should go for when making a game, and then showing some progress to people who like to see the game, but to be honest, I don't know what i should choose, I rather not use tumblr, but its recommended if i should do so, but i would really like if i managed to create my own page for my game, I'm also looking for recruiting Website Development and maybe a community manager, but of course, i need a website and a forum first, any suggestions?

2. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

Best thing might be to make your own website (at least, that's what I've read). If you're looking for *shudders* community then you may consider Facebook, but I'm no expert. What kind of game is this by the way?

3. Barl0we

Barl0we Phantasmal Quasar

For blogging, you'd probably want to have a site that has an existing community. I know you said you'd rather not use tumblr, but it's hard to compete with something that allows discoverability (if that's not a word, I'm making it one :D).

You could make a Wordpress site, but then you're more dependent on your own marketing efforts in getting people to notice you. I would suggest not "just" getting a blog, but using more social media.

If your game is particularly artsy, you could get on Ello - it's a social media thing for artsy stuff, it's pretty neat.

I'd suggest starting a subreddit on Reddit as well - and there's several game development focused subreddits to take advantage of there. Say, /r/GameDev, /r/GameDesign, /r/PlayMyGame, /r/GameDevScreens, /r/DevBlogs and /r/IndieGaming. Just make sure you follow the rules of Reddit re: selfpromotion if you decide to get a presence on there (basically, don't *just* post selfpromotional stuff, use Reddit for other stuff as well.)

Surn_Thing likes this.