1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What will be your first newb mistake?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by The Mute One, Jul 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

I'd rather not be like Vader to be honest. betrayed all the people who loved him, got an upgrade to bad-ass armor for it... first (time-line perspective) scene we see him in him armor, the first thing he says is (whiny voice) "wheres my girlfriend? wheres my girlfriend? what she's dead? noooooooooooo"

2. OmniGeoff

OmniGeoff Weight of the Sky

How water pressure will work. Despite the fact that I'm very excited about building an uber, diamond cutting, giant pressure cannon, Nothing will stand in my way.

RubenFlonne likes this.
  3. Gadgetguy

Gadgetguy Bag of Holding

I will start building a VERY tall structure and then I'm sure I'll fall off as I always do.

4. Cyan

Cyan Twenty-three is number one

like be confident and say , Yeah i can kill this guy , then suddenly i die by only to hits and i get like , omg thats not what i expected

5. LeBleuMeldy

LeBleuMeldy Pangalactic Porcupine

Trying to build my house at night time. I usually explore at day. Maybe I should flip it.

6. GameGecko

GameGecko Cosmic Narwhal

Probably same with Minecraft, drowning because I didn't know how to swim. xD

7. Soprano

Soprano Pangalactic Porcupine

I'll probably fall and die.

8. Dice - AV

Dice - AV Astral Cartographer

Overconfidence. I always get cocky when playing, try to juggle several tasks and deal with many problems at the same time before getting overwhelmed, getting killed, losing all my items, getting my home blown up and then getting sexually assaulted by an alien and forced to give birth to evil mutant children...

9. Fishcake

Fishcake Pangalactic Porcupine

What I usually do is I travel around the place for a while. Fine a place to stay, forgets that I haven't collected anything. Everything attempts to hug me with such tender care! (Meaning, being slaughtered by the things living on the planet.)

10. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

I will fall face-first into a small puddle. I will not realize the controls to make my character get out of this puddle. I will drown in a pool of water about 3 inches deep and a foot across.

11. julian509

julian509 Void-Bound Voyager

i'm pretty sure my first mistake will be: play with my friends. they are very stupid. and i'll probably end up killing an important NPC if i dont play with my friends.

12. Giant Squid

Giant Squid Zero Gravity Genie

I read that every planet has their own time-span for "day" and "night", and some planets can even constantly be in daytime or in nighttime. I'll forget this and stand around waiting for day to come until I realize two hours later that perhaps the planet I'm on it always immersed in darkness.

RubenFlonne likes this.
  13. Oathrunner

Oathrunner Subatomic Cosmonaut

Falling damage.

Gravity always wins!

14. Jenkins

Jenkins Pangalactic Porcupine

Either overestimating the maximum jump height, or taking on an OP monster on the first day. Like the bad moon.

15. A herpy derpy spiderp

A herpy derpy spiderp Big Damn Hero

Diggy Diggy hole straight down, break into a cavern. Dead from the fall. End of story.

16. Xenn

Xenn Space Spelunker

Probably anything that works differently to how it does in Terraria.

17. DunkmasterYi

DunkmasterYi Master Chief

Fall damage.
    Always, ALWAYS fall damage.
    End up falling down a big hole like on Terraria and end up snapping my little 16-bit legs off.

RubenFlonne likes this.
  18. Haigen

Haigen Orbital Explorer

Digging in a Circle.

19. julian509

julian509 Void-Bound Voyager

trying to hug a monster that looks dangerous. like this --> :fireball:

20. Nickner

Nickner Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Trying to get an awesome pet

"Here little... space dragon... WAIT! NO! STOP!" 5 minutes later "At least i'm not on fire anymore. Hey, whats this odd liquid OW! NO! IT BURNS! I SHOULD OF BOUGHT THAT ACID PROOF ARMOR! HELP!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.