1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What Race Do You Usually Play As?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ruddthree, Oct 3, 2017.

?

Favorite/Most Played Race?

1. Human

17 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Floran

15 vote(s)
    20.8%
  3. Avian

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  4. Hylotl

7 vote(s)
    9.7%
  5. Apex

3 vote(s)
    4.2%
  6. Glitch

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. Novakid

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  1. Inferus[RF]

Inferus[RF] Pangalactic Porcupine

I like this Squid Chair, straight to the point

The Squid and ruddthree like this.
  2. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Hylotl
    1. Aquatic creatures are cool
    2. I happen to be Asian myself
    3. 3 eyes are better than 2
    4. I worship Cthulhu

Waffle-Chan and ruddthree like this.
  3. David The OCD Victim

David The OCD Victim Seal Broken

I started with stoic Avian since they seemed cute and indeed Grounded are adorably nice society.
    After very long playthrough moved to Novakid to check the way of a gunner and became pretty creative with their town style.
    Had plans with the proud Hylotl but my save got corrupted irreversibly (screw you watering cans!).
    Now I'm using snarky Glitch.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  4. Rockit

Rockit Space Hobo

I have just started playing, literally, I have only owned the game less than a day!
    I am playing a Novakid character.
    I spent several minutes customizing a human, but really liked the idea & appearance of the Novakid, they also relate very well to a long-standing character I have played in many other games.

I find it interesting that 'Avian' & 'Novakid' were overwhelmingly the most selected by voting, but are some of the least mentioned in the comments.

ruddthree and Waffle-Chan like this.
  5. Tlactl

Tlactl Cosmic Narwhal

I'm here if you want more Avians.

ruddthree and Waffle-Chan like this.
  6. Landwatch

Landwatch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I "main" (read: beat the game for the first time as) a human, but I usually play Floran, even though I like Novakids just a little more. Glitch and Florans have my favorite furniture sets, closely followed by Hylotl and then Avian. I just love all their villages. And for modded races, Avali, Kirhos, and Lamia are my favorites, but I've never gotten very far with any of them.

I have over 30 characters. I just love making them. Most of them never get a chance to do much, but I love looking at them on the selection screen.

Floran sstab Ruin.... Floran is besst hunter.

7. buta

buta Void-Bound Voyager

Floran everytime so far. :) I just love the idea of being a plant person. X3

8. NPete28

NPete28 Poptop Tamer

I believe you left out Apex, which is the best race of all of them

9. Jim Witness

Jim Witness Subatomic Cosmonaut

Novakids. Three words.
    Guns and glow.

10. ruddthree

ruddthree Phantasmal Quasar

...I don't know how I did, but the post has been edited. My mistake, praise Big Ape! *nervous sweats*

11. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I'll choose the Human. Because they lost their home, they seems broken and scattered, and they look hopeless. That way my character will have purpose to find a new place called home and bring back the glory of Human kind.

12. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

floran, although they are really annoying in frakin