1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What is Starbound team doing?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Kezeal, Nov 12, 2017.

1. TheMrAdam

TheMrAdam Astral Cartographer

Two words:Stadew Waleey

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

What does that mean?

3. Greenfinger

Greenfinger Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Game's pretty much dead. Not surprised, really.

4. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Chucklefish has never had anything to do with Stardew's development. They're just the publisher.

5. Daikon Ocelot

Are they really really going to update SB soon? I mean like what they said in the dev blog.

I think they should let us now what are they planning and doing, like Minecraft and Terraria. They put a news and discussion about what are they going to do next in their wiki. I think SB should have something like that.

6. FoxDE2

FoxDE2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If they release DLC, they can still earn money and release patches at the same time.

7. TheMrAdam

TheMrAdam Astral Cartographer

DLC, for SB... game not so long time ago realised, not so much update created. It's be worse if Chucklefish make DLC for StarBound...

Armorine1983 and Ickura like this.
  8. edensgenesis

edensgenesis Void-Bound Voyager

They once cut communications for two years and when they got back soon they changed the whole game as in lore and mechanics so as locations. Basically everything. Now they had some plans for this year but they abandoned all of it. To be honest it makes sense since it would be basically bunch of reused things such as mercenary mode which we already have in the game and bringing new furniture which knowing them they would remove old content and that is something me and bunch of other people don't want anymore. Add to the game but don't remove things. It's not cool at all. The game already looks barebone and repetative as it is it's not cool to remove things just so we can get something new which we like or not doesn't matter. It will equaly get repetitive again so there is no point really. Diversity is where this game is all suppose to be at.

DemChanges and Ickura like this.
  9. Daikon Ocelot

Why would they develop other games, if they're only going to abandon their previous game when developing the new one? I think the new game will have the same fate, if they have another new game to develop. I think these are not a wise moves. I've seen some game developers did these kind of things, and I don't want Chucklefish be one of them.

10. Ickura

Ickura Big Damn Hero

Most likely to raise more funds.
    But to be truthfull, their other games aren't as popular or appealing as starbound. I agree, not very smart. Imagine how different starbound would be if they've poured more resources into it. Many people I know wont buy starbound after the feedback from 1.0 release.

11. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

you all forgot why starbound lost alot of its "traffic"... the updates themselves killed alot of playerbase...

destroying player progress, in an absolutely progress driven game which lives off of long term... well player investement... isnt a good incentive to keep players playing

especially if it happens constantly

edensgenesis likes this.
  12. Maethendias

i mean, i KNOW what im talking about... having a 3 month building project wiped simply because of an update which... utterly overhauls 1 part of the game... (space)... no one wants to start over again after a kick in the teeth like that

edensgenesis likes this.
  13. edensgenesis

edensgenesis Void-Bound Voyager

3 months is mild compared what my friends been through. They built things for a year some even more then one day kiss it goodbye. To me even a week wasted is too much not to mention anything more then that. There were times when even without a update game simply farts and wipes certain planets you built on.
    In my case I did lost some builds but it was kinda ugly so it's ok. But in a new game I used a cheat to spawn healing water and due to the game's poor performance it spawned seems like an infinite amount of water. I flooded the whole planet I built on for almost half a year or so, not sure. I been idleing the game for about two weeks now if not even more and the water doesn't go away. Wasting my PC and electricity for basically nothing. I think that pretty much lost it by now, nothing seems to change for the better and don't feel like building anything anymore on a new planet since it will probably happen again. The frame rate is killing my eyes and this was pretty much like a nail in the coffin unless something good happens to change my mind. And if someone will say that the game crapped on me because I was in admin mode then no, it's been crap always, single player or online, mods or no mods. Same thing. Game's performance is getting worse and worse by every update. Some people can't even get into the game how bad it is.

DemChanges, Maethendias and Ickura like this.
  14. Maethendias

thats super unfortunate, but i mean, thats what happens when you use commands i guess

15. 777JackOfBlades

777JackOfBlades Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's why you should always have a backup. Put your savefile on an USB after a long session or every two day or something.