What have you all found in 1.3? :D

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaavWB, May 1, 2018.

1. AdamGotStardrop

AdamGotStardrop Void-Bound Voyager

I'm loving the seasonal plant pots! Getting tired of decorating the whole town with flower barrels :nope:

According to Stardew Checkup on my safe file, there is a 9 heart event for Pam? I haven't found that one yet.

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

If you want to know how to trigger it:
      Upgrade her trailer to a house and then visit her there after a week has passed.

• AdamGotStardrop

AdamGotStardrop Void-Bound Voyager

Ah thanks! I guess I won't be seeing her 9 heart event for a while. I haven't even started the community bundle yet lol

• MouseyPounds

As a followup to this, the item doesn't actually disappear...

Even though a rotted plant replaces it in town, the statue itself can be found (and removed from) Lewis' bedroom

• MouseyPounds

So today I actually looked at the special luck charm's effect on daily luck due to a post on reddit. Now that it is obtainable, it is less strong than it used to be:

From 1.2.33 -- 80% chance of max luck (.10), 20% chance of normal random roll
            From 1.3.12 -- flat .025 increase to the random roll, but still capped at .10
            Code ref is StardewValley.Game1._newDayAfterFade() for both

margotbean likes this.
            • Kagurahime

Kagurahime Aquatic Astronaut

It's actually really annoying me because I'm working on modding heart events, specifically 10th heart events (adding some NSFW endings to the night) and in order to mod an event, you need to be able to test it again and again.

My spouse better not get mad at me! I'm doing this for science!!

• Kagurahime

The price Rose for me as soon as I hit day 1 of year 2

• Kagurahime

Rosebud!!! Lolololol!!!!

• Kagurahime

Do you use any mods?

• Kagurahime

For ancient seeds, try mass producing multi yield crops like cranberry, blueberry, hops and greenbeans. Then, on a lucky day, run them all through seedmakers.
                      I got about 1 ancient seeds per 100 cranberries.

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

Except there's no need to wait for a lucky day, because luck has absolutely no effect on the output of seed makers. Just run it through whenever, because it really doesn't matter

IMO blueberries and cranberries are comfortably the best to do this with. Beans don't produce enough to make it worth the bother, and hops kegged into pale ale are far too valuable

• Lt. Col. of Truth

Lt. Col. of Truth Seal Broken

You only need one item and a cherry bomb. I've tried it with fence posts, a sign, and a mayonnaise machine. Seems any item you can place on the ground, then blow up, will work.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

margotbean and Honor Shipping like this.
                          • Honor Shipping

Honor Shipping Big Damn Hero

Cool! ^^

• everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

"Hey, honey, I'm taking the mayo machine into the mines to build a ladder to the desert."

• MouseyPounds

Following up the Secret Note 19 reward yet again.
                                After a poster on reddit found the statue at Marnie's place, I went digging into the decompiled code and found it in StardewValley.Object.DayUpdate() If you place it in town, there's a 90% chance for it to be moved to Lewis' house, and a 10% chance to go to Marnie's. In either case, a rotten plant replaces it in town. Additonally, you can put it back in town and the same random movement will happen again, but you will not get a second payoff in the mail.

margotbean and Honor Shipping like this.
                                • MouseyPounds

So there must have been a pretty big backlash against the new "10-hearts with everyone" events. I noticed the following in the changelog today "(Fixed) Break-up event has been made less harsh" and decided to check it out. The only penalty now is the week-long period of angry dialogue and gift refusal. Bouquets are no longer removed and there is no friendship loss regardless of which dialogue choices the player makes. Dialogue in the event has been changed to "giving you the cold shoulder" in English and the whole thing seems pretty pointless now.

EDIT: And something I didn't notice at first until it was pointed out on reddit: there is a second version of both events where if you have a rabbit foot in your inventory, it becomes friendly rather than confrontational (pool with the boys & gossip with the girls :rolleyes:) . Also, both events now require you to have seen everyone's 10-heart cutscene first.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
                                    margotbean likes this.
                                  • Andunelen

Andunelen Space Penguin Leader

Blue and red cowboy hats! They look so cute.
                                    Also two new weapons: the Wicked Kris (a black curvy dagger) and the Slammer club.

• Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

It probably involves that secret mine level with a waterfall that gushes pale ale. ;)