1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed What exactly happens when you pre-order? (And will pre-orders be locked?)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Seltonu, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seltonu

Seltonu Yeah, You!

I got a friend with a credit card and payed him cash so he could buy it, but now some unforeseen issues in our friendship arose. From what I heard from other friends he will still buy it, but since we aren't talking I don't know what's happening. My guess is he hasn't bought it YET, so my question is when he does buy it what happens? Will he get an email with a steam key and he can just forward that to me?

And in the event that he really does become a jerk and DOESN'T buy it (even though I already payed him), would I be able to buy it myself later on steam AFTER the beta release date? So basically, is it locked to only the people who PRE-ordered?

Thanks for your help!! :)

2. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

So when pre-ordering, the email that is used to pre-order gets sent a humble bundle code for a page that will have a download for the game. And once the game is available on steam, a steam code will be available on this page as well, so yes your "friend" can just give you this url and everything will be cheery. Or when he buys it he can enter in your email address.

If you are forced into a situation where you need to buy it yourself, beta will be available for purchase after the beta release date, but as far as I know it's unclear whether or not the beta version will be on steam.

3. Seltonu

Seltonu Yeah, You!

Thanks so much! That's exactly what I needed to know (and what I wanted to hear :DD)!

4. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

You're welcome :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.