what does f8 do?

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by goldsoul, Jul 26, 2016.

1. goldsoul

goldsoul Big Damn Hero

i accidentally push some keys which froze my game and made it crash. so then i start up star bound back up and i was curious to find out what went wrong so i play what the keys a little. then i found out f8 does have the same effect on my game if you push it but this time it didn't crash. it seems like it reloads something but i'm not sure do anyone know what f8 does?

2. Mnat04

Mnat04 Tentacle Wrangler

Well form my most recent 1.0 playthough I was wondering the same thing; what does the f8 key do (beside lag the game)and from what I can tell it reload entities witch if used right can be helpful (and terrible). For example pressing f8 with combat support crew members teleport them to you regardless of state and location and put them on follow this I used for the missions by puting my guys in "stay here" mode I was able to press f8 before the boss and have them help me in the fight (was best in avian mission since they love to jump into traps and kill themselves) another effect of f8 witch isn't as useful is that it will reset bosses so don't ever press it during the last stage of a boss fight (I did this with mini Kong or was it big ape idk) so make sure to get your crew before the fight starts or when it starts

3. shimonu

shimonu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Maybe its reload?

4. notner12

notner12 Orbital Explorer

in the most recent update (the mech update) it gives you your mech in full heath if your not in it and the mech is somewhere on the planet that your currently on as well as tps your followers/helpers

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

It reloads the game basically. The assets and whatnot. Its the same as the /reload command.

6. Deliro

Deliro Void-Bound Voyager

rofl, when you use F8 for Bandicam/Mirillis screenshots also faced it x))