Modding Discussion What are your Must Have Mods?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Ciriun, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

There are so many mods out there that it's frankly a bit overwhelming. I myself still have a purely vanilla game largely out of indecision. So I wanted to ask, what are the mods that you really, really love? The ones that you wouldn't want to play without?

• OrSpeeder

OrSpeeder Phantasmal Quasar

I use:

CJBCheatsMenu (for debug purposes, and fix my bad luck with the "daily luck")
      CJBItemSpawner (debug purposes...)
      CJB item price mod (essential gameplay stuff! I dunno why CA didn't put this in the game himself in first place)
      Slower Fence Decay mod by myself (workaround for a bug that make the fences decay much faster than CA originally planned... they still decay, but in a way that is reasonable and makes sense)
      Chest Label System (by myself, essential gameplay stuff! I dunno why CA didn't put this in the game himself in first place either!)
      Health Bar Mod (I also made it, for... you know, I already wrote all this phrase twice!)
      Sprinkler Mod (I made it because normal sprinklers annoyed me a lot, I soon will roll out a feature on it to highlight sprinkler and scarecrow area, essential gameplay stuff! I... wait, I already wrote that, didn't I?)
      Sprint and Dash mod (adds a button so you can sprint, make you faster, and uses energy, essen... again?!?)

Also I have installed a high resolution portraits mod that I am making... that is not a essential mod though, I made it just for fun :) And is not even done yet.

Cimeni and Ciriun like this.
      • Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

SmoothFarm Oasis because the lake is really nice over the default map. I love it so much I centered my orchard around it.
        15x15 Greenhouse because it's a nice addition without being overkill
        FarmHouseExtended because I just like the idea of having a basement

• Superior_s

Superior_s Sandwich Man

I use:
          CalendarAnywhere, you click on the date in the upper right corner and the calendar shows up. Helps with birthdays.
          DurableFences. Fences won't break.
          HarvestWithScythe, does what it's says way faster then manually harvesting
          RegenMod, regain stamina by standing still configurable.
          TimeSpeed, change how fast in game time passes configurable.
          ChestLabelSystem, label your chests.
          SmartMod, does multiple things I use it for its quick item stacking and smart storage.
          StardewCJB, let's you know the how much items are worth.
          MovementModifier, changes how fast you move and fixes diagonal movement, speed is configurable.

Axiam and Jinxiewinxie like this.
          • joprinz

joprinz Master Chief

Honestly, only the Portrait mods which make the original portraits of the villagers look better are the only mods that I wouldn't want to play without.

• DatRaph

DatRaph Big Damn Hero

• Drogean

Drogean Scruffy Nerf-Herder

wake-up mod

time-length changer

• Ciriun

Ciriun Big Damn Hero

I am definitely getting some ideas of what I'd want to do, but I'd love to keep this going. Anyone else care to weigh in?

• Lechet

Lechet Big Damn Hero

• ActiveHate

ActiveHate Poptop Tamer

Besides the obvious CJB mods, I love the chest label system, chest pooling, harvest with scythe, and the mod that turns all the worms into a bouncing treasure chest icon. All of which I feel should have been in the base game. As for portraits, I'm waiting for Pencilstab to finish the rest of the villagers then I'll download that one.

• james0019

james0019 Void-Bound Voyager

No Soil Decay Mod and CJB item spawner if you are lazy collecting requested items that will complete the bundles in the community center.

mostly the CE table covers the in-game "cheats"

• Oboromusha

Oboromusha Pangalactic Porcupine

Hot Pam - That just made everything better. The original character portrait and sprite were tugging at my gag reflex. Generally for characters that and the improved portraits in vanilla style (Bachelors and most villagers), shorter hair sebastian and Maru with scrubs. Consistency-wise, I think i reached the sweet spot with this set.

More Crops Mod - no weird bacon trees, I apreciate having the option with this, great stuff. Needs food recipes using these items, for now, it's just for money;

Realistic cows mod - Herefords, etc, they still look cartoony, no worries. It's the patterns on their leathers that now mimick real world cows;

White rabbits - White fur from white rabbits. Again, consistency.

Farmhouse Extended (Basement+Attic) ver 1.1 - Be warned with random problem destroying your crafting stations, Back up your save just before you upgrade your house every time, seriously, you've been warned. Apart from that, holy sh&t you just can't imagine the house without this after you start using it;

Time mod - Because there are not enough 10 minute blocks of the day;

Slower fence decay mod - Because a wooden fence decaying just after a season is just stupid;

Chest labels - this is something vanilla should do - essential;

Sprinkler mod - Because if all you get are square shaped radius in sprinklers, you can't setup your fields the way you want them to. Essential for landscapers;

Skull Cave Saver mod - Use it if you want to get to the bottom of matters. heh heh. No, seriously, a random generation dungeon that simply kicks you out when you are done is a bit hardcore. This is the only place to reach iridium ore veins and you need to grind down into level 30+ to get them. Too much;

Farmhouse and farm buildings skins - numerous options out there, I went with a blue themed farm overall and looks bloody gorgeous;

Trouble with the modding scene with this game is that you don't know what can improve this game until someone comes up with it.
                      Right now, I just hope for more food recipes, possibly more crafting stations, to tie up the more crops mod addition with something fun to do with the new produce, the game just feels as vast and complete as it's going to be, just like this.

Drogean likes this.
                      • Catania

Catania Void-Bound Voyager

Are there any mods for changing luck? I thought I saw one a long time ago, but now I can't find it again

• ActiveHate

ActiveHate Poptop Tamer

CJB Cheats Menu lets you go in and have max daily luck all the time. That's provided you want max luck every day and aren't tempted to use anything else if you want to stay "legit".

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

-Harvey w/ beard to make him look more like my rl -husband
                            -Durable fences
                            -Timefreeze (inside only)
                            -Extended farm (advise's /the smapi one)
                            -Extended farmhouse w/ added attic and basement
                            -Extended cave [2 floors]
                            -Extended slime hutch
                            -My actual rl dog reskin
                            -bunch of farm building reskins by Madeline
                            -instant grow trees [going to get rid/turn it off after I get apples] (normally I wouldnt but my character is nearly at year 4 w/o finishing the bulletin bundle for Marnie)
                            -custom map edit to move big lake and add two dog bowls

Had easier fishing when on was storm, nah not so much anymore. Don't need it when my dudette is lvl 8 fishing now.

Dl but havent used it yet:
                            -Dynamic attack power added to scythe
                            -Vinegar/sugar/wheat machine mod
                            -chest labeler

• Riverus

Riverus Void-Bound Voyager

ooooh whre can I get that machine mod

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

• Alina_Mau

Alina_Mau Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm currently running what I'd call "Vanilla Enhanced" which is animal and portrait replacements all over but I'm really only running the CJB mods to show item prices and to stop time indoors (I hated when HM made games without that feature DX)
                                I'm also running with the dig spots replaced with animal crossing dig spots and labeled fruit trees

But I'm almost done with everything in the game so my plan is to make a sort of mod pack in the future for my next game play so it feels different
                                I'm planning to make my own portrait mods for some of that ^^ (would anyone be interested in HM portraits for SD characters? :eek: )

• coolboyyo

coolboyyo Void-Bound Voyager

I only use visual ones really. Make the cows more hairy, like in mountains. Horses into Chocobos. And the best one, anthro villagers.

• Nurio

Nurio Cosmic Narwhal

While I wouldn't say these are must-haves, I made a list of the mods I use. It was meant for a friend, so some of the notes and instructions are a bit personal rather than general.

http://imgur.com/a/HPRDN/layout/horizontal

It's in order from important to less important (for me). The list is slightly outdated, as I've changed a few things by now, and have slightly different priorities, but it's largely accurate