1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your favourite Sci-fi melee weapons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. Andwey

Andwey Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anything cleaver-shaped and made to look futuristic would actually be amazing

And if it hasn't been mentioned before, laser whips :D

2. Goldstar

Goldstar Big Damn Hero

Ah yes, nothing says Sci-fi like unintentionally wrapping your beam weapon around you and cutting yourself in half. Have we considered Lightsaberchucks too?

3. Zhyolskuniir

Zhyolskuniir Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]:saywhat:

Necrovore likes this.
  4. Vahi5

Vahi5 Subatomic Cosmonaut

What should we call this? Darwin's Claymore? I think I'd like some weapons with this twin-helix style. I've got a few others:

Ion Blade: A beam of ions that loses coherence after four feet or so for Ion Swords, and different distances appropriate to other weapon types. Slightly worse than a metal blade against organic matter, but it just tears inorganic matter (metal, plastic, ETC) apart at a molecular level.

Laser Blade: A high-wattage laser that runs parallel to a metal blade/strut that supports a solar panel modified to accept high-wattage lasers. Better than a metal blade on all materials, but organic life lies in pieces on the floor after getting hit with one of these.

Plasma Blade: Think Lightsabers. And Lightaxes. And lighthammers. A striking surface composed of magnetically-contained plasma, which serves as a middle ground between Ion and Laser weapons, better than a metal blade against both, but not to the extent of either of the other two.

Of course, melee energy weapons would be top-tier. Mechanical blades, rocket assisted weapons, maybe even a hammer that deals damage through a directed explosion, pneumatic thrusting weapons, or swinging weapons that use some kind of mechanism to amplify force. Although for that last one, it could best be compared to powered nunchucks or a powered flail. Finally, I kind of want the circular saw spears that were in that weird version of Beowulf. The one Christopher Lambert. Unfortunately, I can't find a screenshot of it.

5. Zhyolskuniir

Many of those aren't melee weapons. Now I'm sad that I know what each one of them is called. Cool Post, though!
    :virorb:

6. LabMonkey

LabMonkey Subatomic Cosmonaut

when was the last time you saw someone swing a deathstar?

7. Zhyolskuniir

Turkish Star Wars.

Vahi5 and kgoldstar like this.
  8. JoshF

JoshF Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if anyones said this yet, but...

Lightsaber whip.

9. Kota

Kota Astral Cartographer

Probably a laser morning star. It's like a lightsaber, 'cept it's a morning star :p And it can extend into like a flail, too.

krakkenchaos and JoshF like this.
  10. se05239

se05239 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Rocket-boosted Hammers!
    Chainswords, for sure!
    A mutated arm that turns into a whip-like tentacle with jagged spines on it!

11. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

[PROTOTYPE] much? :p

12. DJOkamical

DJOkamical Space Kumquat

Though rare, katanas with an elemental blade have always been the coolest thing to me :>

Gouki likes this.
  13. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

Warhammer 40k Powersack of powerdoorknobs. Preferred weapon of all Angry Marines.

14. Actinide2k9

Actinide2k9 Void-Bound Voyager

The Bat'leth
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

OzzytheFist likes this.
  15. OzzytheFist

A trekky <3 While we're at it, let's get some [​IMG]

Actinide2k9 likes this.
  16. Actinide2k9

Actinide2k9 Void-Bound Voyager

Romulans :viking:

:laugh:

OzzytheFist likes this.
  17. kablump

kablump Industrial Terraformer

In all honesty my favorite scifi weapon came from a tabletop rpg.

I was a super american orc named ungol slam who had a minigun with a chainsaw bayonet all of which was powered by gasoline...

18. OzzytheFist

That sounds... awesome.

As a sidenote, your profile picture and signature make me very happy.

19. DevonX

DevonX Void-Bound Voyager

Crysis 3: Typhoon

[​IMG]

Cloudhopper likes this.
  20. Vahi5

Vahi5 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yes, I agree. An excellent gun to whack things with.