1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your favourite Sci-fi melee weapons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. OnyxTortoise

OnyxTortoise Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well, the idea is interesting but I would much rather see something like this:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pistol_sword

The grip on gunblades just looks silly. Too unpractical (and a quick way to get a contusion).

survivorization likes this.
  2. Kriegson

Kriegson Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    Mechs, of course. Or ancient mobile sarcophagus holding a superhuman warrior and weilding weapons that could turn most creatures into a fine red mist and a few sloppy chunks, in this case :D

3. Imnotdavis

Imnotdavis Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Gerael and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Vespers

Vespers Pangalactic Porcupine

More then enough helpful info. Thanks.

5. Fakenublet

Fakenublet Space Spelunker

The lightaber, as always. :D

6. rebecca armstrong

rebecca armstrong Void-Bound Voyager

Andromeda tv.program has a few good 1s

the commonwealth lance
    neutron whip that cuts/passes thru everything not sure on its exact name been a long time since i watched that show

on the last movie of stargate the sword bau'l has that is 1 atom think at its edge truly sci-fi we cant replicate that yet even with todays tech

7. SteelRaptor53

SteelRaptor53 Void-Bound Voyager

Gravity glove, Just make sure not to hit something solid with it unless you wanna break the worlds greatest cannonball record.

8. Kloudy

Kloudy Phantasmal Quasar

I would love there to be a Gravity Glove in the game. Just.. Awesome!

9. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Fuk yea...

10. ortish

ortish Master Chief

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Something like irelia's weapons except instead of being mind controlled you could give them a special glove that controls the weapons... or i guess you could keep it real and just make it so the blades actually are semi intelligent and communicate with the person using them.

I also really liked the:
    Claw ideas (energy claws would be awesome)
    Redesigned key blades
    Gunblades
    Energy swords and beam sabers would be cool. (swords with more detail then a lightsaber)

it would be interesting if you could give some of these weapons a alternate fire, then you could make weapons that transform.
    [​IMG]

like this weapon. its both a energy crossbow / pneumatic hammer.

could do a lot of cool things with transforming weapons.

11. Toady

Toady Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They have a gravity gun for building...

12. Kloudy

Kloudy Phantasmal Quasar

I said Gravity Glove, like if you punch someone they go flying. It would be funny to watch. :p

13. Unconscious Architect

Unconscious Architect Big Damn Hero

I would love something like the Painkiller from, well, Painkiller.
    [​IMG]

Those blades spin around so fast you can't even see them, and the head launches off and project a laser that hits everything between where the head hits and the shooter, even after moving.

PerpetualUndead likes this.
  14. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

Then that's not really a melee weapon, is it?

15. Unconscious Architect

._. Almost the entire first page is weapons that have some sort of alternative firing function, and of course its still a melee weapon, thats like saying a gun isn't a gun because I can brain someone over the head with the buttstock.

PerpetualUndead and Axe Garian like this.
  16. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Master Astronaut

have everyone forgot the...hold on...[​IMG] this guy here? anyone??? note this picture is not mine
    Oh yea its not the only weapon. Good old war hammer, sickles, tonfa, chainsaw, spike shield, battle axe, hatchet, cane, staff, and pretty much I think so far.

17. Unconscious Architect

What if we made it a laser scythe? Got to admit, I haven't seen that one before.

18. HappyVader

HappyVader Big Damn Hero

What about Death scythe?

Attached Files:

That Guy likes this.
  19. aerionop

aerionop Big Damn Hero

Really?
    this one's from Gundam (I think), but when it comes to laser-edged melee weapons Phantasy Star is the right place to look. A bunch of photon weapons everywhere in that game.
    I'd say to look at the Phantasy Star series for inspiration for sci-fi melee weapons.

Axe Garian likes this.
  20. Galactic Mindswipe

Galactic Mindswipe Giant Laser Beams

I dunno if this counts, but I just watched Abraham Lincoln the Vampire Hunter, and I'd really like his axe/gun/sword thing he has. Like it's an axe, but you pull back the blade thing, and it's a gun, and on the tip there's a button that makes a blade come out the other end, which is pretty cool in my opinion.

Shippo likes this.