[WEBAPP] upload.farm, generate map and share Stardew Valley savegames!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laukei, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Tyken

Tyken Subatomic Cosmonaut

I had an issue with this, not sure if its been fixed since but:
    It doesn't upload a picture of texture changes. I replaced my gravel with "grass" and my farm looks like poop with this app :p

For a suggestion, possibly add a "vote" system so people can look at top farms?

Also, perhaps add a screenshot of inside the house and greenhouse?

• kattenjansson

kattenjansson Cosmic Narwhal

tried it. worked great!

• Laukei

Laukei Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Tyken! I think a vote system is probably a good idea. I'm not sure I understand your comment regarding replacing gravel with grass though - is it a mod? Inside of house/greenhouse is a stretch goal!

Glad it worked well for you kattenjansson!

• Tyken

Thanks, I figured it would help people find inspiration/ideas instead of searching through a jumbled mess. Would also make it more interactive!

As for my problem, it is a texture mod so I can see how there might be an issue as the app looks at the save instead of taking an ingame screenshot.
          Here's a comparison. Screenshot vs webapp

Obviously the screenshot was taken at a different time but its the re-textures that don't show up (understandably) but texture users such as my self may shy away from your app because of it.

• Laukei

Aaah, I see! The problem we'd have at our end is that there is no way to know what xnb switches people have made from the XML of the savegame. I'm not sure what the best way to allow for that would be without adding a massive control panel to the upload page.

• Tyken

I figured it was something you couldn't easily fix or add based on how your site/app works. No worries. Sadly that means, I have to take a screenshot the hard way to show off my texture choices.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

This thing is pretty awesome, heh. I need to play the file I just uploaded to it some more, cause...well...it's only day 3 of spring year 2...so my farm is still lookin pretty shoddy, based on the plan I want for it. =x

• Miggi

Miggi Yeah, You!

Hey, a good friend of mine has deleted her savegame by accident but she has uploaded her savefame with this webapp - is it somehow possible to extract the savegame from this website? It would totally save her day if that was possible

• Laukei

Hello Miggi! If she still has the cookie for the upload in her browser (she can verify this by checking if she has the ability to delete her upload above the minimap on her page) all she needs to do is register for an account, claim her page, and enable savegame downloads, then download it. After that she can turn downloads off again if she doesn't want everyone accessing it.

Let me know how you get on!

nictuku likes this.
                    • NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Cool! I love this App!

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Oh are you the one who made this lovely piece of technology? Thank you SO much, I actually found it through a Youtube video. lol Makes it so much easier to get a complete picture of the farm and all the stats are a nice touch. :D