Modding Help Weapon render layer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I'm trying to make this weapon I'm working on render over the arm of the wielder. I'm sure that with the simplicity of the files of this game, all I need to do is add one line of code.

I think it's "layer". I have three stances for this weapon. It's a two-handed weapon. Is it
    "layer" : top ?
    "layer" : front ?
    "layer": salami ?

I'm sure it goes in with the specs for rotations of arms and the weapon. I just need to know what to tell the darn thing.

2. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

There is a snippet on the Miniknog Launcher (did I even spell it right?) that may be of use.
    Code:
      "handGrip" : "wrap",

But you would probably need to format the weapon similar to this gun (unless some game file wizardry could be done).

3. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah. I saw that on the Arm Cannon from FU. My main goal for now is to get my character to hold the weapon as if it's a one-handed weapon, although it has an alt-fire that changes the shot. Okay, I'll come out and say it. It's a recycled version of the Adaptable Crossbow that has been resprited as a compact arm cannon that will fire lasers. It will most likely just be used on my private server, although I'd gladly give anyone who helps me with this a copy of the finished product.

I'm fairly certain the coding for the missing elemental lasers I plan to add won't be a hassle. The thing will encompass vanilla elements, FU and Elithian. That's 14 elements. I might try to add an effect where it cycles backwards if the character is crouching later. At this point, I'm just trying to get the thing past the spriting phase. I have the sprite to be used as one test frame on a patch of the adaptable crossbow for now, but it will eventually be its own weapon. What I have is a concept.

I have severe trouble writing new code. I can only mutate what I already have.
    [​IMG]
    These are the sprites for the different modes. Early look. I might just release this. Still a lot of references to adaptable crossbow stuff. My brain is pretty well gone at this point. Been up all night and it's 2 PM where I am.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017