Modding Help Weapon Projectile hit Cause's Crash.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Dilrax, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

as much as i hate to ask of this and reveal anything new... i really have no alternative.

during the testing and modifying phase for the "Hyper Cannon" which is one of the new weapons to be added into the upcoming update for my mod, i have noticed that although the weapon despite having odd stat's and actually working, seems to crash the game when ever a projectile hits and kills an enemy, well probably as long as it kill's or hits something...

i have furiously looked through the associated files and starbound log for the past 4 days when able to, trying to find what the problem is but to no anvil, i found nothing, i am also out of idea's on what it might be and where to look... which is why i come here, i am looking for some one, or anyone really, to take a look into the Hyper cannon's files and attempt to solve this issue...

https://www.mediafire.com/?pyIbadktiookc9p

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

If you post the associated starbound.log you got.
    It wouldn't require us to crash to get the data also.
    If you post the entire thing to pastebin it will be sublime

3. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

unfortunately the gun is not working for me due to possible conflicts with the other WIP's, how ever that has no effect on the problem with the projectile, which strangely works fine should it hit a block of some kind but put an enemy or npc in the way and you get the said problem, i'll try to post it when able to...

4. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

if you have any luck finding something that might be relevant to the HyperCannon, distinguishable by the word "hyper", apart from the "hypersub" error's which i am working on, i will congratulate you, alas i don't see anything there... :wut:

5. Aurorialis

Aurorialis Pangalactic Porcupine

Are you sure that's the entire log?

6. The | Suit

Right before game crashed - you used a status effect it didn't recognize
    "Splash"

7. The | Suit

Since Splash does not exist - nor do you have a "splash" damage file
    I am willing to bet that is your error.,

Since you were probably trying to do "Slash" and added an extra P.

8. Dilrax

Dilrax Ketchup Robot

actually i didn't change the damage type, so i honestly don't know where that came from, i have had things in the past change for no reason, so im some-what not surprised it would have happened again...