1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Weapon Nerf really?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by sanjirosan, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX 78-2

RX 78-2 Tentacle Wrangler

Weapons are fine, come on. I managed to beat the robot+some mobs chasing me(and there were like 3 birds, just killed them with iron bow while i was running away from the boss) with just a 12 dmg 1h sword. Sure i used like 20 bandages, but man, i like the combat system now, weapons are balanced.

I have to agree with you anywya, birds are annoying because of insane damage(i think its a bug, in gamma sector they just oneshot me for 135 dmg). And i cant kill them with my fucking 1h sword, because they are 2 far from the character to actually swing on them, so im forced to use 2h sword for its arc attack, kinda boring

maletruck likes this.
  2. Sonatafox

Sonatafox Poptop Tamer

It seems the bird on start planets vary from person to person. Where as the birds on my planet dish out 50 damage per projectile, or 10 dps on their breath moves, others have easier birds that dont dish out as much damage or are as aggressive. Luck of the draw, i suppose. My starting planet is absolutely riddled with birds that are constantly firing acid balls, fire breath, ice breath, lightning bolts, and fire scythes almost constantly.

3. sanjirosan

sanjirosan Aquatic Astronaut

Ok, it would seem that If anyone points out a flaw in this game they are just whining, so I give. you guys win, this game is perfect and I am a crybaby for pointing out something. Keep it up Chucklefish, you now have a rabid fanbase of yesmen that will love you nomatter what. I wont be posting anymore, so feel free to tear me down all you want I have now lost interest in these forums and the community they have cultivated. I will play your game because I paid for it, But I am about to go spend my time back in front of my Xbox one and Assassins Creed Black Flag

4. Sonatafox

Sonatafox Poptop Tamer

1. you're wining about weapons being too weak against birds when the weapons were too OP to begin with, they had to be nerfed

2. you're complaining about using a sword on a bird. Just let that sink in.

If you're going to discuss things like this, you'll have to expect to see various opinions on the subject matter, in which most seem to think that you're just complaining because you cant 1hit a bird now because they're too strong and you know they're not worth the effort to kill them. But that doesnt make it the weapon's fault.

Retnuh likes this.
  5. Onasaki

Onasaki Void-Bound Voyager

They''re...

Dare I say it?

angry birds!

*flees*

RubenFlonne likes this.
  6. gaowen

gaowen Lucky Number 13

Sonata, you are not helping out here.
    If the game has failed to please a customer it is Never the customer which is at fault, but ChuckleFish.

You do agree that birds are OP in the starting levels, yet you find ways to complain about a player's opinion.
    You do acknowledge that the game is in Early Beta testing and stuff are broken, yet you defend the currently broken system as your life depended on it.

If Sanjirosan is not pleased, the devs have failed to do their work, and it should be looked at and fixed in the next update.

sanjirosan likes this.
  7. sanjirosan

thanks Gaowen, but just as I am entitled to my opinion, so is Sonata. they think the game is fine, and that I am just complaining, fine, let them think what they want. If Chucklefish devs want to read this, let them, if not then so be it. I know from working in the game development industry that you can not make everyone happy, but that does not mean you should stop trying. If CF does ignore the problems, of continue to run development this way they can, but I will not be supporting them any longer, via cash, or word of mouth. They asked us to help them make a wonderful game, and I want to do just that, but it is give and take, so lets just see how this pans out for now

8. OzzytheFist

OzzytheFist Big Damn Hero

This is a load of bull shit.

Things were hard enough to kill as it was, because they were fast (some were small) and hit decently hard, and there were tons of them.

Now I lose 40% of my pixels because I can't fucking compete? K.

9. sanjirosan

well ozzy, I only lost about a 3rd(900+ down to 600+ on death) but meh, hopefully they will fix this, I do understand it was a bit "easy" to kill things before, but now it is borderline impossible when fighting anything with range or speed hahaha

10. OzzytheFist

Okay, I lost nearly half of my 4k pixels (still not sure how to bank or why I would want to considering how many I lose in doing so.)

Now they give me a half-gig patch (I download at 100KB/s roughly) to make it a fucking chore to stay alive anywhere. They didn't just nerf the damage, my 95dps weapon went to 7dps. I could be just fucking dandy with this if I didn't have 580MB to download when they patch to change a global stat.

11. Rauss

Rauss Master Chief

don't worry just craft a steel sword it does over 5,300 dps that should take care of your 17 hp enemies

12. sanjirosan

and how Rauss to you propose he craft steel when he can't even stay alive long enough to get the mats, let alone kill the fist boss( i still think you need the moltan core to make the thing to craft steel)

13. OzzytheFist

I wouldn't even care about it if downloading a patch to nerf things didn't take an hour.

14. Mills

Mills Phantasmal Quasar

The Weapon nerf is vary annoying. The Flying mofos are VARY ANNOYING AS PISS! Tho I am happen with the XP fix at least. Yeah Weapon Nerf is pritty bad.

15. HerpDerpy

HerpDerpy Guest

they should stop trying to balance the game and focus on making it fun for the user. balance really only matters in multiplayer games where pvp is a big focus. not in a singleplayer/ co-op player (atm)

as long as the weapons and stuff make sense for what part of the game your at, like as long as you cant make something that one hits bosses (which there actually is a problem with atm) it should be good.

16. Ancientchaos

Ancientchaos Void-Bound Voyager

Its very early beta so this kind of imbalance is kind of expected. I wouldn't really expect the game to be near perfectly balanced for a while seeing as how most of the balancing will probably be done during phase 2.

17. ZeroFiveNosh

ZeroFiveNosh Void-Bound Voyager

I like the weapon nerfs not as fun if every thing dies in one hit =/

18. seriphis

seriphis Astral Cartographer

I for one welcome the weapon nerf on the crafted items... i one hit the first two tiers of bosses... and was disappointbike when it was over so quickly...

Tweaking flying monsters to adjust aggro radius and speed, and one hit rifles that you cant do anything against would be great.

The 3rd loss of resources was advised.

Again, these things can be expected in beta, getting all ragey and telling people that they've not done this or that, or their play testing was garbage is really the wrong attitude at this stage, we are their play testers. The sooner you realise that, i think you'll feel better.

Epicface and RubenFlonne like this.
  19. Cy Beam

Cy Beam Astral Cartographer

you think thats bad look at what they did to legendaries

[​IMG]

20. Veraal Fins

Veraal Fins Big Damn Hero

Cy Beam, It seems that any existing weapons were downgraded with the tier'd weapons. Go and find another purple, and it should be reasonably powerful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.