1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Weapon Assembly 2.1.3

This mod will let you break weapons into parts and then combine the parts into new weapons!

1. Shadowblitz16

Shadowblitz16 Pangalactic Porcupine

@AlbertoRota I made this based off of the 3d printer sprite.
    upload_2018-11-30_19-35-14.png

I thought it looked better since it uses the side view starbound has

also i was wondering if you could make the weapon assembler actually require a realistic crafting table and ingredients

2. AlphaDrako

AlphaDrako Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey AlbertoRota, amazing mod, nice work and tremendous creativity on code. Also, some design aspects could be recieve more care, like the weapon icon on the assembly station, I imagine the icon was used when only guns suported, but now, with axes, swords, and stuff like that, I think you could change that. =)

And, one bug... When you put an weapon on the recolor machine, and the two weapons are showed (one original, and other the result of painting), if you don't take back the weapon, and breaks the machine, two weapons will be droped, so, thats could be an exploit, but, i'm pretty sure it's just a tiny bug.

Thanks for the niiiiiice job, you're really awesome, i'm sorry for not being able to donate some pixels for a soda (i love soda) on your Patreon Account, but, please, keep doing your nice hobbie, and sooner or later you'll be rewarded for that =)

3. crudebuster

crudebuster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

A note of a quickfix I had to make to keep it working for latest Frackin'Universe (5.6.411):

The author seemingly abandoned the development but Sayter used his code to build FU's new weaponry system (with permission) so if you use the WA from this last download available here it will STOP NPCS FROM USING GUNS AND WEAPONS and if you pull off WA from your mods, IT'LL CORRUPT ALL YOUR RNG WEAPONS.

But there's a quick fix since Sayter used his code to build FU's weapons:

If you unpack the mod (with PAK_GUI or the command line tool "asset_unpacker.exe" on your Starbound/win32 folder) you'll find a folder structure like this:

interface
    items
    objects
    recipes
    scripts
    _metadata
    _previewimage
    player.comfig.patch

Inside the folder "Items" you'll find

active
    buildscripts
    weaponassenbly

Inside "buildscripts", the files we'll need to change:

buildweapon.lua
    sup_buildweapon.lua

I had to get FU's "buildweapon.lua" to replace this, get the file from their Github I guess.

Next, open sup_buildweapon.lua with notepad++ or similar, find and replace all "elementType" with "elementalType", save the file.

Repack and enjoy your latest FU with Weapon Assembly at your service.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
  4. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

To be fair, I do not remember any conversation with @sayter about "Weapon assembly" at all... It's been a long time, so I might be wrong. :unsure:
    A more explicit "Do you mind if I use parts of your code?" here or on the steam page would have been ideal, even if it just served to refresh my memory.

In any case, I'm absolutely ok with him using parts of my code and I have no objection at all as far as he does not reproduce the same (Or suspiciously similar) functionality that this mod adds.

Regarding the compatibility with FU, I see 3 main option:
    1. If anyone finds a way to have it working with both Vanilla and FU with the same code, open a PR in GitHub with the changes and I will take care of merging it and publishing a release.
    2. If you are aware of the needed changes to keep both compatible, create a new mod "Weapon assembly FU patch" (Or any other name you want) with those changes, properly credit both @sayter and me, and you are good to go.
    3. You can communicate those changes to @sayter to check if he can fix it on his side, or even better, open a PR with the needed changes to his GitHub repo.

5. crudebuster

crudebuster Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I talked with him yesterday, indeed I mistaken his code with yours, the "buildweapon.lua" of FU had the comment on line 199:

[...]
    -- ***ORIGINAL CODE BY ALBERTO-ROTA and SAYTER***
    -- FU ADDITIONS
    [...]

Your code is not used within FU AFAIK and he plans to change combat ahead so it'll break the mod again.
    The thing is that I made your code work with FU using "buildweapon.lua" FROM FU, otherwise I would lose my weapons.
    He doesn't mind but anyways this mod is really outdated, I made these changes myself to prevent losing my stuff.

6. AlbertoRota

AlbertoRota Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod works like charm with (Vanilla) Starbound 1.4 and AFAIK that's the latest Starbound version available...

Saying "this mod is really outdated" is not really true.
    Incompatible with FU? Yes.
    "outdated"? No.

Again, you are welcome to create a "FU compatibility patch".

crudebuster likes this.
  7. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

If it'll make things work between the two, feel free to pilfer the needed stuff to do so. It'd make everyone's life easier in the end. Your call! In the end, its less people with compat. issues, and everyone wins in that situation.

I've got you credited in the code for *something* so we clearly had an exchange at some point, though I have no recollection of what it was for, as its been several years! I imagine it was for Weapon Assembly compatability in the first place...or something like that. Over time it all bleeds together, yknow? (hell, it could even have been Golemancer and things got mixed up!)

But in any case: he's free to do whatever for compat (as are you, if it floats your boat).

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    crudebuster likes this.