RELEASED Water Retaining Field Mod [v1.0.1]

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Digus, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Water Retaining Field Mod

Current version:
    • Change the way Retaining Soil of both qualities work.
    • Adds an letters to explain the changing on Retaining Soil.
    • Fixed compatibility issue with SpaceCore.

Objective:
    Change the behavior of Retaining Soil to make somewhat useful.
    Before, after you upgrade your watering can for the first time, the randomness of tiles retaining water made the Retaining Soil completely useless.
    Now you can plan your fields to either not have to worry or have to water the whole thing.

Disclaimer:
    This mod only work with Stardew Valley 1.3.X-beta
    There is now two version, one compatible with the beta 1.3.X and an alternative version compatible with Stardew Valley 1.2

Installation:

How does it work:
    • You will receive a letter explaining the changes once you are level 4 and can craft Retaining Soil, or after the 15th day of the first spring, when Pierre starts selling it.
    • The letter is just for flavor, once you install the mod it should already be working.
    • Crop's growth is calculated at the end of the day, as is Retaining Soil. So, reloading a save will not change how the water was retained the day before. But playing the whole day again using an old save might have different outcomes.
    • After the game retain water for a tile, the mod check for adjacent watered tiles using the same quality of Retaining Soil and save that value to apply to that tile when it is calculated.
    • So the chances of retaining water are the same as the base game, the only difference is that the calculation for one tile is applied to all adjacent tiles.

Internationalization:

This mod is compatible with SMAPI support to i18n files. It has an official translation for pt-BR, but you can translating for your language using the following this instructions: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:SMAPI_APIs#Translation

Uninstall:
    • Delete the mod from the installation folder.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Source:
    https://github.com/Digus/StardewValleyMods/tree/master/WaterRetainingFieldMod

My Other Mods:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
      HopeWasHere likes this.
    • Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Someone requested, so I made an alternative version compatible with version 1.2 of Stardew Valley

• Digus

Digus Spaceman Spiff

Fixed a conflict that was happening with the SpaceCore mod.
        We patch the same method but for different reasons.
        SpaceCore is intended to replace the original method. My method just need to check the value before the method run and change the outcome, but since this patch was happening first, I never checked the value before correctly.
        I just added a high priority for my prefix and postfix and everything is suppose to work fine.