1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Water leaks in from rooftop garden despite being sealed

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Tsal, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tsal

Tsal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I tuck my character in his bed and leave it AFK.

This is the second time this has happened.

The first time I didn't have the breathing suit so my character apparently drowned.

[​IMG]

Is it a bug? If not, any suggestions?

2. OuttaThinAir

OuttaThinAir Big Damn Hero

Yeah, that's a bug! Your house is not supposed to flood whenever you go to sleep! I don't know how to fix it, but still...
    We're dealing with no normal experience.

3. gompasta

gompasta Void-Bound Voyager

Twice in the same house? Could be water pressure pushing water in your house from the cave below you. Im not sure of where that water would be coming from, however.

4. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Does it rain on that planet? I would guess that its possible (but unlikely) that the cave is filling up and water is being pushed into your house.

The only other option i can think of is those rare instances when rain water can pass through 1 block thick walls.

5. Tsal

Tsal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That hole leading down was my mining route and it even made it like 1/3 the way down there destroying a bunch of my placed torches while it was at it, really unenjoyable.

[​IMG]

6. Starbug

Starbug Guest

But this is such a cool bug!

Jbeetle likes this.
  7. Tsal

Tsal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Until it happens to you.

8. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Makes no difference to me. I am a Hyotl :p

kafkaphoenix likes this.
  9. Tsal

Tsal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Even though you said novakid the other day on steam. :p

10. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Leave a small vent 2 blocks under the right-hand door, leading out. Cover the slope with platforms so that you can still walk normally.
    The water should drain out of your house and down the mountain.

11. Tsal

Tsal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Sure I could and probably will do that, but it will look pretty jank.

I think this is definitely something that needs to be fixed sooner than later.

12. Starbug

Starbug Guest

Yea I started again at the meat quest.. Couldn't decide between glitch or fish people.. But anyway the fish people should be able to breathe underwater like wonderboy in monster land

13. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

HAHAHA!

sorry, op.

HAHAH!

14. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Is this singleplayer? Cuz that is what really makes it funny.

15. Tsal

Tsal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah its single player.

Jbeetle likes this.
  16. Terrahero

Terrahero Cosmic Narwhal

That is a serious bedwetting problem your character seems to be experiencing. Have you tried no more liquids just before going to sleep?

Bughunter likes this.
  17. Zuvaii

Zuvaii Heliosphere

I would suggest hollowing out that cave just under your house, that way the water will 'spill out' so to speak before entering your house.

18. Athauxan

Athauxan Pangalactic Porcupine

If you don't mind using the console, you could spawn yourself a few Drain objects using "/spawnitem drain [amount]" (make sure you have Admin mode on with "/admin"). They're super low profile, just taking up a single block, and will drain away any liquids that come in contact with it. They also double as decorative floor ventilation in homes and look way better than just having a hole in the background blocks. I always put one in every room and at major thoroughfares like stairwells. You might be able to craft them when you get access to the Wiring tools, but I haven't checked yet.

19. Tsal

Tsal Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I caught it happening in the act,

[​IMG]

This did not happen pre patch.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  20. Froggod

Froggod Void-Bound Voyager

Is it possible the background blocks don't go all the way to the top of the tiles on the roof? or as high as the dirt on top? Not sure if that would even make a difference but check it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.