REQUEST Walking through trellises?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by nyatori, Jun 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. nyatori

nyatori Void-Bound Voyager

Can anyone make it possible to walk through trellises? Is there a certain variable I can change or something?

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Yes. You need to change the 8th variable for each crop in the Content/Data/Crops.xnb to "false". This might cause some graphical anomalies, as the variable in question is also used in the Draw method, though I couldn't quite follow what was going on with it in the decompiler, and I haven't tested it out in-game to see what happens.

Anyways, here's a modified xnb with the changes already made.

Attached Files:

nyatori likes this.
      • nyatori

Thanks! I'll test it out right now.

EDIT: Sadly, I still can't walk through the trellises. Sigh. I'll check the variables again.

• Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

Are you trying it on a game where the trellises have already been planted? Because if so, there's probably no way to make the ones that are already planted let you walk through them.

• nyatori

Ah, that explains it. I've got a great grape farm going in my greenhouse so I don't really wanna break it all down and wait for it to regrow again. Sorry for the trouble!

EDIT: I tried it out, I'm able to walk through them but the colour is a lot darker, still unsure if they'd be harvestable.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
            • Hammurabi

Hammurabi Big Damn Hero

They should still be harvestable; the "raisedSeed" variable that's getting modified isn't checked anywhere in the harvesting code that I saw, and besides, there are regrowing crops without trellises (such as corn).

• nyatori

Good point! They don't move when I walk through them which is what led me to believe they wouldn't be harvestable. Thanks!