1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue [Vita] Misconception on crashes, crashes without touching PS4 version.

Discussion in 'Support' started by soy380, May 31, 2018.

1. soy380

soy380 Space Hobo

There seems to be a major misconception with regards to the Vita version crashing. People figured out that it was related to achievements. For some reason they wrongly assumed it was only when you had the matching PS4 trophies so according to staff on this forum, that's all they are looking into. This whole "it only crashes with PS4 trophies" is being spread all over this forum and reddit even though it is wrong.

These same crashes happen to people who havent touched it on PS4. I have two unplayable farms due to this. I'm going to be sick of the game before I can even get past Spring/Summer year 1 from replaying the beginning over and over hoping this time the save wont become unplayable.

Since we paid $15 to beta test for them, they are not testing the game themselves and only relying on our posts to fix the problems. So please, stop saying it's only related to also having PS4 trophies, you are wrong. The sooner they realize, the sooner they can address the actual problems.

To offer help:
    My first farm I had over $30k cash in hand, more for lifetime earnings (over $50k). Was on day 28 of summer year 1. Needed to build a fence for my chicken coop. I craft a gate, then a fence piece, then it crashes. I can try to craft those same two pieces any time that day, it will crash. Craft some fertilizer which I had already crafted before, no crash. As soon as I craft a gate and fence which i'm pretty sure was the first time on the Vita, it crashes. Again, I haven't touched the PS4 version.

My second farm, crashed near end of spring when I go to sleep after turning in a large strawberry harvest. This save seems to be tied to the $15k achievement. I can sell manually almost up to $15k, then it crashes at $15k. Again, I haven't touched the PS4 version.

Checking my achievements on Vita, I have 6 achievements. One of which is the $15k achievement but it's still causing crashes even though it's popped. I've even hit the $50k achievement. Seems to be tied to achievements, but once again: I'VE NEVER TOUCHED THE PS4 VERSION.

There is also a lot of slowdown. Rain causes slowdown, and so do sprites like grass and all of your crops. I have a feeling that when our farms get big, it will be a problem, but nobody is able to get remotely close because of the crashes. It's still playable with the slowdown, but not with the crashes.

Last edited: May 31, 2018
    • ls_arseid

ls_arseid Void-Bound Voyager

soy380 likes this.
    • weggie

weggie Void-Bound Voyager

I am in the same boat. I actually managed to get to second year but encountered a bug right after sleeping after the Egg Festival. Here's what I did, I literally did the same loop 3 times and crashed in all of them right after sleeping
      • Wake up and watch TV
      • Harvest 64 cells of Kale, 32 cells of Potato, 32 cells of Parsnips
      • Interact with 4 cows, 4 goats, 4 chickens and 2 ducks, Milk the 4 cows
      • Put milk and egg in cheese and mayo maker
      • Head to festival, talk to everyone
      • Win egg hunt
      • Head home and get the mushrooms from the cave, put stuff in chests and sleep
      • Game crashes
      The only thing I can think of is my Farming skill reaching 10, I encountered a crash when my fishing leveled up to 10 and had to retry. I really, really hope they fix the crashes, I can live with slowdowns and I accept the fact that the Vita may no longer have the horsepower for it but please, PLEASE, fix the crashes. I have this game on PC but I really love the portability the Vita gives.

• Notthebees

Notthebees Space Hobo

I didn't even manage to make to to Spring 26 Year 1 before I landed myself into a crash loop.
        Only have about 4,000g.
        Woke up, Harvested my potatoes.
        Gave Jodie a cauliflower to finish "Jodi's Request."
        Watched the cut scene for the sewer entrance.
        Gave Marnie a Dandelion.
        Put potatoes in the sell box.
        Went to sleep.
        Crash.

• teyavatch

teyavatch Astral Cartographer

Sorry for potentially spreading some misinformation. I thought a patch was supposed to be released yesterday, but that didn’t happen. :(

I’m pretty sure I told some people on reddit that it was supposed to as well.

For the record, I’ve been crash-free since reset and entering permanent flight mode, but I may just be lucky thus far. I’m only in the middle of summer, year 1.

• syselie

syselie Intergalactic Tourist

I’ve tried reformatting and airplane mode to no avail.

I managed to get to year 2, spring 28 and can still move on as long as I don’t fish. I already have one level 10 skill in farming but it seems that the game can’t pop up your second level 10 skill? I can try getting to 10 in mining as well to test out the theory.

• Skillyman

Skillyman Intergalactic Tourist

I'm stuck on the exact same day. It was crashing on Spring 27 so I just went right back to bed in the morning and got it to save. I had hoped that the crash was somehow caused by that specific day but unfortunately I'm now stuck on the 28th. I have a fishing skill of 10 and everything else is at 9. One of them must be going up a level and causing the crash.

I also should note that I'm an excessive hoarder when it comes to this kind of game, so I have like 15 or so chests full of random stuff on my farm, plus several partials spread out in various areas. I wouldn't be surprised if the game might crash more if the save file is larger or something.

Haven't played on the PS4 also by the way. I really hope this gets fixed soon. It's the first time I've played this game and it sure has grabbed a hold of me. When I realized it's pretty much a lost cause until there's a patch I impulse bought two games I've been eyeballing for a while, but I just can't stop thinking about my farm. I stopped playing one of them immediately after being introduced to a fishing mechanic.... Too soon man, too soon.