RELEASED Vip: Visual Improvement Program

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Androxilogin, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

[UPDATE] 03/20/17 - New version 2.0 released! Download it (only) from here.

[UPDATE] 02/05/17 - New version 1.20 added. Various pixel fixes you'll probably never notice.. I can't remember what all was exactly put into this but tell ya what, you go to your bridge in the summer time beside the Guild on the Quarry side and look at that friggin' bridge where the railing meets the ground. Yep, it fixes that. It will also "round off" the doorways to various buildings/shops and many other things.

Download here (or below)

[UPDATE] 01/23/17 - New version 1.11b added. More pixel fixes! Also prevents crashing. Download here or below.

[EDIT] 01/18/17 -
    Advanced Location Loader & Entoarox Framework were updated so this mod will need to be updated as well before it's in working order. I will update this thread when an update is posted to resolve things.

This mod will fix up pixel errors all around Pelican town. I wanted to mention because it's hard to see, but the shovel beside the Blacksmith has a pixel error shown in winter that is just a stray black line (due to an unused or discarded extra tile by CA). Out front of Marnie's is in better condition for obstruction removal. The fountain in winter is the most obvious fix, showing an actual circle from the ice rather than basically a missing square pixel. Trees in different seasons reveal missing fence pixels in some town areas and some terrain areas have been fixed. This will also fix the dog fence if you're using my mod, Cleanup Crew (here's the Nexus link).

Requires SMAPI, Advanced Location Loader & Entoarox Framework.

[​IMG]

NOT AVAILABLE FROM STARDEWMODS.COM OR STARDEWVALLEYMODS.NET....EVER!!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Running steam version on a Mac, and this is what I get with ALL installed. *hands you and Entoarox matching bug squishing mallets of doom*

Attached Files:

• Androxilogin

It looks as though there may be some errors on my part. Beginning with adding tilesheets to portions of the manifest that have a -1 (SheetId line should not be present), Also "type" throught the manifest for this particular mod should be only default and you may be missing the "fixes_fall" .xnb. Please download this version and all should be well.. hopefully!

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
        • springacres

That's the version I was trying to use. It may actually be an issue with ALL itself, because I was also getting the CTD with just Entoarox and ALL with no other mods installed.

• Androxilogin

Can you post a log with just ALL and framework here?

• springacres

Here you go, although I don't know what help it will be. I posted this same log in the ALL thread and Entoarox mentioned it was because of weird stuff CA did on OSX and a workaround would be complicated. I may just have to live without you guys' awesome mods for the time being.

Attached Files:

• Androxilogin

Awe, that sucks, I'm sorry. I would make this into an .xnb replacement mod but that would mean replacing a majority of map files which would obviously cause problems with any other custom maps and the fact this mod is constantly growing as I continue to find new errors so to remember all of the changes I've made would take some time to figure out. I appreciate the gratitude and I hope a fix comes along soon.

springacres likes this.
                • springacres

Yeah, plus replacing .xnb files one by one is a pain in the butt for us users too. Oh, well, such is life as a Mac gamer. At least I can still use mods that require SMAPI without needing any other frameworks.

• Androxilogin

This deeply saddens me by just knowing this is an issue for MAC users and makes me question Linux compatibility. If only I possessed the ability, I would fix this for sure (and a new-age MAC for testing; I have an iMac G3, lol) but it is beyond me completely.

Note to self: iMac G3 tiles!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

ANDRO! You don't mention anywhere that the wood mailbox you can buy at Pierre's is coming from this mod. Do you know how hard it was to narrow it down? xD

[​IMG]

• Androxilogin

It a was a secretive one.. I actually planned on moving it to a different mod is why. I lazily put it in here simply because the seasonal tilesheets already existed. So it may change in the future but once the condition is fulfilled, should still work correctly as long as it's wired right.

Minakie likes this.
                        • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I noticed the last version includes a summer_outdoorsTileSheet file as well. Do you have any idea which changes you did to it? 'Cause I already have a modded summer_outdoorsTileSheet file and I don't know if I'll have to manually merge the two.

• Androxilogin

The bridge- right side tile fix below the banister. Originally it's missing a line of pixels but the mountain can't be written to without an override. This should also change in the future.

• MidnightVoyager

MidnightVoyager Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I seem to have tracked a problem down to this. Shane doesn't get his coop at all when he moves in with me. It happens if I use the mod before or after marrying him.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Will you be updating this to be able to work with the new version of the game? I miss your wonderful work. Sorry for posting on a old page.