1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Vector Squared -- Starbound Community News, Issue #1

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by nababoo, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Thanks for the advice. I'll try to see if Sol can assist my endeavor.

2. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

if he has the time, he should be able to do it. speaking of which, that would probably make a good feature...

3. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

I will back this topic up 100%. You should assemble a crew and do some news reporting too, like interview with Artist, suggestion makers, well known people, maybe even a dev if your lucky. Publish a lot of stuff like that. :)

4. Fluffy Arsonist

an interview with a dev... that would be awesome...

5. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Ya never know, the Devs here are pretty cool. One of them might agree to an interview. :)

6. Fluffy Arsonist

we can only hope. and maybe bribe and/or blackmail.

Zerak_Kyria likes this.
  7. The only problem I have about it is that it doesn't grab my attention very much.

I suggest different font size/color on certain parts for more organization :0

I also recommend adding a 'design' to it, though that's not really needed, and it takes a bit of skill.

But so far, it's looking pretty good! Keep it up!

Ghostar likes this.
  8. Fluffy Arsonist

there are plans to get an artist to add some graphics to the page, and the whole this is still a WiP. there will be more colour, as soon as possible.

9. Ephexis

Ephexis Cosmic Narwhal

quite a nice read, and set up rather well too :up:

I'd recommend setting it up as a big image(or multiple images for each section) to look like a newspaper, or something else with the info on it
    maybe even have some images on each section as well

just my thoughts, i see others have similar ideas also with graphics being used for this

i could help you also if you need something done in photoshop: just drop me a pm

10. NewLiar

NewLiar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is pretty cool. Can't wait for the next one. ;)

11. Mittgfu

Mittgfu Phantasmal Quasar

I would want to be on a planet with Avians. They seem to make nice neighbours.
    Also they invited me to a free tour on that volcano over there...

12. I don't have the expertise to do that, or the programs. I still prefer the text version, though.
    I'll try to experiment and make it a bit more interesting. But thanks for all the interest! My labor has paid off :3

Would you have any suggestions as how to improve it?
    Would you know of any of the more outgoing ones?

13. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Perhaps, Ill ask around.

14. Thanks! 'Specially since you have special contacts ;)

15. H-Alo

H-Alo Phantasmal Quasar

Woah, Nab. You've got quite a lot of positive feedback here!
    Good job. :iswydt:

EDIT:
    I still think "Nab-it News" sounds good...

Zerak_Kyria and nababoo like this.
  16. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

Nice, very interesting. I don't want to be a staff, but maybe I could be interviewed on a certain topic. Maybe you should do a few more interviews about "The Most Original Race" and see what several different people think of the topic.

17. I don't think it's much of a good idea to interview too much on one topic, but if new information is released, I see no reason why not to add that question.
    Perhaps in a joke news or something. :rofl:

18. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

Sorry, I was being a bit vague, I meant only that question, not the whole intereview.

19. Billybob-Mario

Billybob-Mario Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a search bar?

20. At the way top, above the alerts