1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Update Ideas

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by TheBossLegend, Dec 10, 2018.

?

Do you find this frustrating

1. yes

66.7%
  2. no

33.3%
  1. TheBossLegend

TheBossLegend Intergalactic Tourist

This is really frustrating to me that you cant stack certain foods but others you can. This gets especially irritating when trying to craft certain items because your inventory is full and you cant pick up anything else because your inventory is full of INDIVIDUAL carrots or whatever it may be. So it would be very helpful if you guys would make all the produce stackable. Also it would be easier to transfer items if you had a quick transfer button instead of having to transfer each item one by one into a chest or whatever. I hope you guys can fix these issues because it would make the game ten times better.

2. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Food did stack in the beta.

3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Yes indeed they are, but not in the current Starbound. I wish they reverse it back to the stackable.

4. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a mod that does exactly this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=729427436&searchtext=stack

However, I don't use it. There is logic behind what stacks and what doesn't stack—crops that stack can't be eaten at all until they're cooked into a dish, whereas food that occupies one slot per item can be eaten even when raw. Also, crops that stack tend to be very general, basic ingredients used in many different dishes.

Furthermore, non-stacking crops means that logistics are required for farming. You have to think a bit to come up with a farm layout. This is preferable to mindlessly grabbing everything and dumping it for easy profits, and helps to keep farming profits under control as well.

Finally, non-stacking food limits the finished dishes you can take along with you while exploring, and limits refrigerated storage as well. Being forced to plan and choose is generally a good thing, not a bad thing.

tigerfestival and Daikon Ocelot like this.
  5. Daikon Ocelot

I think that is a reasonable reason. I guess there is always a reason behind every action, even though it doesn't looks so good at its cover.

6. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Im very much against stackable food. It would make the whole hunger mechanic completely useless if I can just stack 1000 canned food and be done with it.
    But in all seriousness how much food do you plan on carrying with you because most will spoil anyway before you can eat it?

I know people that use food stacking and disable food rotting mods and Im like why are you then playing on survival??

7. Catherine Franz

Catherine Franz Spaceman Spiff

Wonder if there can be a refrigerated storage you can carry or something 'coz I prolly let my food rot and perish before I even know it...

8. Blaine

Blaine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The Enhanced Storage mod allows you to pick up containers with the items still inside.

I only use it that way when moving (as in U-Hauling my base or storage vault to a new planet), because the ability to carry containers full of stuff everywhere is clearly super-OP.

9. Catherine Franz

Is there something that changes your food inventory to be a refrigerated one?

10. Masiakasaurus

Masiakasaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Most of us who disable food rot aren't playing on Survival.

11. Daikon Ocelot

This thread talking about update ideas, right? So how about adding a submarine (like in FU for example). It can ease us when exploring the deep sea. It is kinda frustating and tedious when you have to swim and walk very slowly while exploring the whole ocean planet. But with a submarine, I think it is more safer and less boring.

12. Catherine Franz

We don't really have anything for flight..soo maybe a jetpack or something (not mech ones) or a plane?

13. Daikon Ocelot

Air balloon or airship, how about that? We can enjoy the scenery while riding it.

14. Catherine Franz

That'd be a nice addition in the game. (maybe if I can build a house like the one on UP will do it..but physics...meh..)

15. Corleone

Corleone Subatomic Cosmonaut

Got it. Ok then it makes sense.