[UNSTABLE] Updates March 8, 2014

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Mar 8, 2014.

1. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

it's an underground mini biome, though a lot of the ones I've seen people post on the coordinates megathread aren't mini at all.
    http://starbounder.org/Heck_Mini_Biome

2. Your Buddy Bill

Your Buddy Bill Existential Complex

You can find them underground, it's a minibiome.

3. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

there is already a mod to build teleporters, perhaps what they could do is work with the modder to work it into the game.
    as for the vanity items, i would agree with that.vanity items should be a lower priority.

4. Blitzlegion

Blitzlegion Big Damn Hero

Just to put the thought out there. How about releasing the actual game instead of new weather types? Or a beta of the pvp structure? Not to be hasty im just curious when this game looks to come out because I've lost complete interest of the vanilla version.

5. Blitzlegion

Ill agree also. More true game beta (pvp and three system sections as they stated). More new game features. Change it up! it takes me literally from photoshop to script..about 5 minutes to make a new 3 frame workable chest for this game. I know molly does the art but i want to hear from the programmers!!!! :)

6. Your Buddy Bill

the programmers are working on it
    and georgev does more of the art i hear

7. Bonobo Fett

Bonobo Fett Void-Bound Voyager

That's because adding stuff like vanity items is easier to do, Its also not done by the programmers so you dont have to worry about stuff like that getting in the way of actual game mechanics being added.
    My guess is that the art people are just enthusiastic and they are making vanity items and such whilst waiting on the programmers to finish new stuff.
    (coding really takes a lot more time than making 2d sprites)

8. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

agreed. but rather than saying, something like 'Hey, we found some bugs {list} and squashed them, here's some vanity stuff for you to enjoy while we continue working on the engine directly.' it's sounding more like, ' we made these great vanity items you've just got to see,! oh, and we happened to squash some bugs while we were at it.' both say essentially the same thing, to wit, the coding is taking longer then we expected and the art department is working a lot faster than the coders. but they come across completely differently.

Don't feel bad Art department, MMOs get the same complaints all the time,. they will promise the next BIG thing, before they are ready and then have to push vanity items for nomths before the promised new content is ready.

Anastriana, Liktorn and dkdeath like this.
  9. kcela

kcela Starship Captain

10. Symmetry

Symmetry Poptop Tamer

This x1000. If there's going to be two Heck updates while not fixing the freezing bug I'll be sad. Perhaps it's been overlooked (the most popular threads on it had no employee replies and are not too large), so if it's still there we should make a collective effort to make a thread that eventually gets the bug noted.

11. dawg911

dawg911 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey! i got caught in fog ... at first i was like wuuut ? then i realized it was the new Weather you guys just added :facepalm: lol anyway, would like the fog to be alot more dense! like ALOT , i could tell that there was fog, but i would have like it if i had trouble fighting enemies in fog or even falling down mountain because i didnt see what was coming at me! that would be awesome!

D-16 and Bonobo Fett like this.
  12. [pixelmonster]

[pixelmonster] Big Damn Hero

Cool, Turns out I have found one of those but the "flesh" blocks made me think it was something different... :p
    Thanks for the help :D

pop-yotheweird likes this.
  13. dawg911

dawg911 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Whats up with tech slot? working as intended for me, You do know that you can bring 4 tech with you (4 tech slots .... ) but you can only use 1 tech at a time (selected tech) whats wrong about tech seriously?? or your complaining for something you dont even understand or havn't bothered finding an answer for yourself and you assumed it was bugged ???

14. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

if there's a tutorial on how to do it, then nothing needs to be done.
    whenever they finalize the universe layout is what I've heard.
    there ain't no bug for me.

15. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

That image really makes me think of pollen.

Unfortunately, I don't see complex ecosystems using things like pollination on planets becoming a thing, seeing that creatures tend to kind of evaporate after you stop looking at them. :/

16. Your Buddy Bill

You COULD try making everything persistent... but that would be an absolute bitch, loading and saving wise.

17. swbf2lord

swbf2lord Master Chief

Well, for those complaining about the speed of updates, I think it's important to remember that those making these items are not the ones coding the engine. So there's no need for complaint about these items taking away from the speed of the updates to the core game. I'd rather have these updates than nothing at all. And it isn't really a minor update anyways.

Bonobo Fett likes this.
  18. coke13

coke13 Aquatic Astronaut

i actually saw a meteor shower yesterday !!!
    (in game of course :p)

Blitzlegion likes this.
  19. Blitzlegion

So will there be a beta of the new progression system? Or just straight to release? I saw the old post (in October i believe) about how the game was going to develop but that clearly changed. :p

20. IronFistSurvivor

IronFistSurvivor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm okay with it, I'm sure coding can be difficult, especially bugfixing, but I dunno, never tried it before. (But I'd love to)