Modding Help Unpacked .paks for Linux Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Stormalisk, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Dolan

Dolan Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi xxswatelitexx, this is the steps (as detailled as I can) :
    Step 5 has to be done once by file (do it again if you download a new version of the mod).

PS : I'm not such a good Linux GUI user so if someone know a way to launch a shell script through the user interface, you are welcome to tell me :up:.
    It will avoid steps 3,4 and 6

2. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Thanks - I updated the Starbounder Page accordingly

3. Dolan

Thanks. After re-reading it I saw that there was a very litlle mistake and so that I created an account and fixed it.

4. Stormalisk

Stormalisk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Alright I unpacked using Dolan's program but I ran into another issue. It seems alot of the files were missing

I've been also making attempts at the official unpacker, however, I am running into another issue with it.

Code:
    stormalisk@STORMTOP:~$ cd /home/stormalisk/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux32/
    stormalisk@STORMTOP:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux32$ ./asset_unpacker
    Usage: ./asset_unpacker <assets pak path> <target output directory>
    If the target output directory does not exist it will be created
    stormalisk@STORMTOP:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux32$ ./asset_unpacker cd /home/stormalisk/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/assets/packed.pak
    Exception caught: AssetBackendException: Asset database cd is missing
    ./asset_unpacker(_ZN4Star13StarExceptionC1ERKSs+0xe7) [0x80acf77]
    ./asset_unpacker(_ZN4Star21AssetsDatabaseBackendC2ERKNS_6StringE+0x1c0) [0x8079ee0]
    ./asset_unpacker(main+0xc9) [0x8072569]
    /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(__libc_start_main+0xf5) [0xb73f6935]
    ./asset_unpacker() [0x807337d]

stormalisk@STORMTOP:~/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/linux32$

5. Dolan

Hi Stormalisk, could you give me a feedback about the issue you get with my tool in my mod discussion ?

About the message you get it's because you didn't gave any arguments when you launch "./asset_unpacker".
    This program needs 2 arguments, as it says to you, to work :
    Arg1 : <assets pak path>
    Arg2 : <target output directory>

So when you launch the asset_unpacker, give it the two arguments it need, separated by a space.
    In your case you would have to do that (Path will be much more comprehensive if you prompt in the Starbound root directory) :
    1]
    Code:
    cd /home/stormalisk/.local/share/Steam/SteamApps/common/Starbound/
    2]
    Code:
    ./linux32/asset_unpacker ./assets/packed.pack ./assets/_unpacked
    3] Then wait until you get a successfull message. It could take a while depending on your computer perfomances.

Explanations :
    - 1] "cd /..." : Place you in Starbound root folder.
    - 2a] "./linux 32/asset_unpacker" : launch asset_unpacker which is located (from where you are) in the linux 32 folder (Have to add a space between linux and 32 to avoid a smiley X3).
    - 2b] "./assets/packed.pack" : Tell asset_unpacker that the file I want to extract is (from where I am) "packed.pak" in "assets" folder.
    - 2c] "./assets/_unpacked" : Tell asset_unpacker that I want the extraction to placed (from where I am) in a folder called "unpacked", in the folder "assets".

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
  6. Stormalisk

Stormalisk Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Is there any punctuation i must use for the arguments?

EDIT: It is working! It finished :eek:

7. Dolan

To reply for the punctuation, space character is used to specify arguments separation. That's why if you've got a path with a space in the arguments, you'll have to double quote it.
    ie : ./asset_unpacker ./assets/packed.pak "./space folder/_unpacked"

The | Suit likes this.