Unique planets

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Mentater, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Mentater

Mentater Orbital Explorer

I think starbound should show more lore in game.
    Like missions can be accessed in space ship, I believe there have to be pre-made(not randomly generated) planet such as capital planet for each races, important research facility, and notable locations.

sorry for my bad english

soarin24 and Armorine1983 like this.
  2. Messyart

Messyart Starship Captain

Hmm, it'd be cool to then have them in very specific places in the universe, and only books found in the relevant mini dungeons would give the coordinates to find them.

sagenth likes this.
  3. Bersalius

Bersalius Phantasmal Quasar

Good idea, that would be cool.

4. KingDragonMage

KingDragonMage Void-Bound Voyager

Ooo. im thinking about making a mod, could i use some of these ideas?

5. Mentater

Mentater Orbital Explorer

This is just an idea and I'm not competent enough to make it.
    Feel free to use it. :)

6. KingDragonMage

KingDragonMage Void-Bound Voyager

7. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

Perhaps no one agrees with me here, but I think it would be pretty cool if they designed starbound such that the universe was broken up into millions, or billions of quadrants where one race was dominant. Either through some random pattern or maybe some sort of ring with the center space being as we know starbound now; this sort of pattern, but applied several million/billion times over throughout the universe. Then within these racial regions capitals could be generated.

Sort of major update material, but along with extensions to the item catalog it could make for some interesting trading opportunities. Perhaps allowing you to sell massive quantities of dirt, rock, and ores even. Right now the pixel sinks are pretty well balanced, so it could maybe take some effort.

I only meant this as a small deviation from the OP, but I kinda kept going accidentally. I wouldn't mind if someone took it and made a new thread =) I don't have the time though.

8. Bersalius

Bersalius Phantasmal Quasar

Yes, this is something for a massive update, but I think this is something that need to be added to Starbound. We have the races, we have the missions, the vilages, the ppl... But we can't see the entire "picture" of the universe right now.

Imagine visiting a solar sistem dominated by the Appex. In one planet you find a giant base with several minibosses. At the end, you find out a secret base at a specific point at the asteroid field that was unacessible beffore. So now you can see the hidden space station. After fighting with your Mech, you get into the maze-like space station and defeat the final boss. Then you discover that many ppl are trapped in a facility near the core of another planet, and they will be used in experiments. Now that you have the security device, you can get into this place to fight some kind of abomination (another final boss) and free all your Appex friends! During this adventure, you have a chance to get 1 of 3 special sets of armors unique from that race, deppending on the Tier of the star, along with 1 of 5 another unique weappons, and 1 of 2 amazing Mech parts. After doing all of this, when you visit or talk to an Appex, they will have unique dialogues with you, like: "Wow, you are the Hero who saved those prisioners? Man, you are amazing!"

kkkkkk Sorry, I just got involved too deep into this idea... Man, I would love to see that in Starbound... Just imagine the possibilities...

9. BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747

BatPetersAKAEnderzilla747 Pangalactic Porcupine

I agree! Adding territory to the star systems. There would be "wild" or "unknown" space which is just regular Starbound where everything goes. Then there's racial controlled areas where certain dungeons/more dungeons of that type spawn.

10. sagenth

sagenth Pangalactic Porcupine

You are amazing. So am I. We all are amazing.

I didn't even consider the idea of there being mini bosses, or full blown bosses to fight. It would be really cool. I wonder what the OP thinks of this divergence we've made.

In the end I think we all clicked this thread because we want "unique planets". Whether by hand crafted tile protected planets designated to very specific locations in the universe, or by a major update to the game involving universe generation, new enemy types (bosses/minibosses), types of quests/missions, and of course new items(both unique and generative). Both provide a level of uniqueness that isn't currently available. I would like to add I especially like the idea of finding coordinates for systems in a book/codex.

Sprawling cities would be really nice. Imagine the fancy new background art.