Undertale

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zetlin97, Dec 14, 2015.

1. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Well the monsters in the lab were already dying right? She was simply trying to help them live longer but with putting her research into consideration as well.
    I think she just made a mistake, she clearly didn't know to work with it in a more contained environment, instead she started with several subjects right off the bat.
    I mean at least she decided to care for the amalgamates instead of letting them suffer she tried to make them comfortable and enjoy the time that they had, in the end she gathered up the strength to tell everyone else she fucked up really bad, which would've been hard for me, also in the end she does send the amalgamates back home.

In my opinion I think Alphys deserves a happy ending, she just made a lot of mistakes along the way, the fact that she's a frantic introvert with anxiety didn't seem to help all that much.

2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

oh they werent dying, they were dead(or fallen down), brought back with determination as stated in the entry logs, then... yeah, they turned into amalgamates which is what I assume caused her deep anxiety

3. CondescendedWow

Oh okay then, but if I were her I wouldn't have just started injecting determination left and right, I would've started with one sample and then moved on, finding the best places to inject, the right amounts, etc.
    Long story short Alphys is kind of a terrible scientist but she isn't a horrible person.

DustyScabbard likes this.
  4. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

So much feels.. So much action.. so much wow.. Owww yeah!

5. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Well... how to say...
    This is nicely done and at the same time, some work still need to be done on that.
    At some part, the characters movement miss some frames ... and other times, this is fine.
    This is weird when the quality of an animation change like that.
    Anyways, I enjoy it :p

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

it's a WIP, it says in the video c:

Crossfang likes this.
  7. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Awwwwww they cut it short right before Alphys came in.... aaaaah. lol. That's the part I was waiting on the most.

EDIT: So I checked out other videos done by this artist, and she does a lot of cool art. But then I ran into "Goodbye, Undyne" and I was like "GAAAAH! I can't look at this stuff anymore, it's so sad!" lol.

That pretty much cements the fact that I will never, ever, ever, ever do a genocide run, ever. Now that I've seen that piece I'm like "there is NO way I could possibly kill Undyne..."

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  8. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

It's the artist's first time to do animation.. Cut him some slack . Not everyone is good in their firsts. [​IMG]
    If you watched his speed paint vids, you'll be amazed .

9. CondescendedWow

I swear to god my heart broke when I went into Mettaton's house and read his journals.
    Seeing this scene now makes me feel so many emotions.
    "Wait Blooky no!"
    *Cries*

Crossfang likes this.
  10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It's implied that they make up later, and that Blooky ends up being his DJ, and Shyren his singer after everybody leaves the Underground, so it has a happy ending in the True Paci run.

CondescendedWow likes this.
  11. Benkinz99

Benkinz99 Pangalactic Porcupine

ERMAGURD THE MUSIC!
    So I just got the Official soundtrack and OH MY GOD I LOVE IT.
    It is literally the only thing I'm listening too. God damn I love this game SO MUCH.

Corraidhín and CondescendedWow like this.
  12. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

GEEEEET DUNKED ON!

[​IMG]

Phaena, The Alonne, Seajun_ and 7 others like this.
  13. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

I AM HERE!

14. Benkinz99

Speaking of the music, whats your favorite out of the Official soundtrack? I'm tied between Megalovania, Asgores theme, and Hopes and Dreams (Asriel fight music). They are all so amazing and perfectly made.

15. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

i quite like His Theme c:
    the undertale theme is pretty great too

16. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Snowdin music gives me a cozy feel. :nuruawe:

Corraidhín likes this.
  17. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Spear of justice!

Corraidhín likes this.
  18. CondescendedWow

GHOST FIGHT is really freaking great
    Determination
    Both versions of Home like seriously there's so many good songs.

Consult this video for ALL OF THE SONG

(Side note Papyrus' fight song has always inspired some kind of 1920's boxer in me)

Phaena likes this.
  19. Benkinz99

I have made up my mind. "Hopes and Dreams" (Asriels boss fight music btw) is definitely my favorite. After listening to the soundtrack over and over again I can confirm it is the best.
    San`s theme is awesome,but I like this one just a bit better. It seems like the ultimate music. Its so epic uplifting and grand. I cant stress how much I love this song.

Corraidhín likes this.
  20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

H&D is good... but to be honest, I like SAVE the World better. They are very similar pieces, but StW sounds a bit "cleaner" as a lot of background "artifacts" were removed from the sound and amplified a bit. And of course, the context in which it plays is cool, with the music breaking in about the same second you notice that new glowing SAVE button.

Gilligan Lanley likes this.