Undertale

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zetlin97, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    Well it is a double type value. For reference most incremental games (Cookie Clicker, Clicker Heroes, Tap Tap Infinity, etc) use that value type for their extremely large numbers. So stuff like 1E300 (1 with 300 zeros after it) is possible. I'm just a script kiddie so I don't know how to change the value to something extremely high to test it out as the simple way won't work for whatever reason and speedhack only go up to x5 for Undertale as anything higher isn't noticeable.

Disclaimer: No monsters were harmed to check this out though I did hurt Greater Dog feelings by ignoring him. I never actually did that until now. Made me real sad to be honest about it.

Ironbeak likes this.
  2. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Dude, that's kinda overkill. lol. But I suppose he knew that someone would try that. Thanks for looking into it anyways lol.

EDIT: Wow, it'd take 1.59E292 years to crash it.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
    Ironbeak likes this.
  3. Falcon Blue-Sky

Falcon Blue-Sky Void-Bound Voyager

I finished True Pasifist and Genoside, Sans is SO HARD!

Sorry for the short answer,
    Falcon

4. Legazy_Hell

Legazy_Hell Void-Bound Voyager

Normal route are good to. Boss in the end less harder than sans.

5. Zerukoba

Zerukoba Pangalactic Porcupine

Someone my friend knew was drawing Asriel, after two hours without saving their power went out. They lost all of the progress on the drawing.

My friend response?
    You should have known you couldn't save Asriel.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Haha, that's sad...but the wit is gold!

7. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I was actually thinking about getting Undertale last week.

Everything changed when I got back into Dragon Age: Origins. But Undertale is still next on the list. Perhaps once exams are over.

DustyScabbard likes this.
  8. Falcon Blue-Sky

Falcon Blue-Sky Void-Bound Voyager

9. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

10. Jonesy

Welp, I've picked up a copy, and I'll see about playing it sometime this week. I'll report back with my impressions.

░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░██▀█▄░░▄██▀░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░░██▄▄▄████████▄▄█▀░▀█░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░░▄██████████████████▄█░░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░▄██████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░▄████████▀░▀█████████████░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░███████▀░░░░▀████████████▄░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░██████▀░░░░░░░░▀███████████▄▄▄▀▀▄░░
    ░▄▀▀████▀░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████░░░░░█░░
    █░░░▀█▀█░░░░▀▀░░░░░░██░░███░██▀░░░░▄▀░░
    █░░░░▀██▄░░░▄░░░▀░░░▄░░░███░██▄▄▄▀▀░░░░
    ░▀▄▄▄▄███▄░░▀▄▄▄▀▄▄▄▀░░░███░█░░░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░░████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀
    ░░░░░░███▀▀█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█████░░░░░░▄▀░░▄
    ░░░░░░█▀░░█░▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░███░█▀▀▀▄▀░░▄▀░
    ░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░█░░░░█▀░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░█░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░█▄▄█░▀▄░░█▄░░░░░░░░█░░▄█░░█░░░
    ░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░█▀▀█░▀▀▀▀█▀▀█▀▀▀▀█░█░░░░

Chris1488 and DustyScabbard like this.
  11. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

It's not a hugely long game, well depends on which ending you get and how much you know about the game before going in. It's somewhat of a short (but very powerful) experience. If you're going for the "true" ending, and you either know what to do or you get lucky and do the correct things, it can be done in 6-7 hours. Otherwise it might take you 12+.

12. OnyxAlchemyst no Mokou

OnyxAlchemyst no Mokou Spaceman Spiff

Also, while you play, Don't talk to anyone about it till you're finished. It's best done on your own, without people talking into your ear trying to make you do things or spoiling things for you, intentionally or not.

DustyScabbard likes this.
  13. Jonesy

Welp. I finished it. Neutral, then True Pacifist.

It's... hard to put into words, actually. Very touching, and some parts really messed with my head. The attack-dodging mechanic got a bit infuriating at times in my first run, but didn't seem quite as bad the second time around. I also appreciated being able to skip through certain things and being able to use meta-knowledge to my advantage, which made the second run a lot more enjoyable.

The part that nearly made my cry is that you can go back to the very first room of the ruins, and speak to Asriel's spirit. Going on a pilgrimage to talk to everyone was worth it too, but that part truly made it for me.

Ultimately, I chose to stay with Toriel. It seemed most appropriate.

Oh, and my nickname for Mettaton EX is 'Ziggy Stardust'.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
  14. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

15. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

What got me was the last boss battle in True Pacifist... after you do that "hidden" dungeon, you get hints of what is about to come, but they're a bit subtle unless you're really paying attention. You go up to Mr. Fluffybuns and...

BAM. Goatmom shows up, and we have a big 'let's all talk it out!' moment. And then Flowey Shows up, and it's like "....again? Dude, haven't you learned anything?" and then the real boss battle is revealed, and hey... I kinda expected who it was... but then the music changes suddenly after the first 10 seconds or so (that first attack he does looks like Toriel's, so meh just another goat person who fights with little fire globules). Then the music changes and the rainbow background happens (no other boss battle had this) and I'm like "woah." Then he starts raining down stars on me and I'm like "gah!" lol. And the whole "you're stuck, you can't do anything" and then the SAVE button starts flashing multicolors when the music changes again... most awesome moment in the game.

BTW that Save Button.... it flashes the 6 colors of the 6 trapped human souls, if you didn't notice. Nice little touch.

BTW, @Jonesy .... there's still Genocide left... but IMO, that's better done by watching a Let's Play as it kinda breaks your game (you gotta go through ridiculous stuff to get rid of what it does to the game's files on your computer), but in particular... Undyne and Sans are two things to look up, lol. Sans is... well I'm sure you've heard a million memes about Sans. If Sans were a human, he'd be the ruler of the Underground I'd think.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    LOL BALL likes this.
  16. Jonesy

Yeah, that last boss battle got pretty crazy. Not sure what to think of the player's invulnerability there, but I guess it makes sense from a plot perspective.

I did really like having to free the souls of your friends, by reenacting actions you've done towards them or bringing up things they enjoy, before having them break free.

I've been reading a bit about Genocide on TV Tropes. I honestly don't think I have it in me.

17. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

As a person who did the Genocide route, I can confirm that it is indeed essentially a horror game where you're the monster. Also Sans is a nightmare to fight.

18. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

At the very least.... go look up "No Hit Sans" on Youtube. Just... do it.

And/or perhaps "Sans First Impressions" (Nerdy Knitter's is rather funny though with some vulgar language).

Most people die within the first 5 seconds in their first attempt and that's with 92 HP.

19. Jonesy

Oh my... I think I'm perfectly happy with my pacifist playthrough.

Xylia likes this.
  20. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Yeah, seriously, lol.