Undertale

Discussion in 'Games' started by Zetlin97, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

dang, that sucks... I avoided youtube and anything with the name Undertale as if it was the plague until I finished the game c:

Apathy Applied and Seajun_ like this.
  2. kitestar

kitestar Void-Bound Voyager

i just wish that something that would trend such as this would hold off of saying anything related to such until a month or so passes to give peeps time to grasp the main concepts and themes. flipping W.D. Gaster mystery only made me dig deeper down the *monster* hole so to speak. =.V.= don't get me wrong, what i know now all the more makes me want to buy it the next time i get steam munnies

3. kitestar

kitestar Void-Bound Voyager

as i said, the stuff relating to gaster was spoiled, *cough, cough* what happens to you *cough cough*, the truth behind the save, load function, amongst other things. pretty much some pretty much a lot of things privy to those who beat the game
    i deeply regret that spoiled it to my self, now im trying avoid stuff relating to the game until i hopefully forget by the time i buy it

4. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

I just realized that "Chara" is "character" truncated at 5 letters. That's the maximum name length for your player character.

5. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Actually, max is 6 I think, but "Charac" wouldn't look right....

6. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Did someone say... ANIME...?!

[​IMG]

7. OnyxAlchemyst no Mokou

OnyxAlchemyst no Mokou Spaceman Spiff

That's why I get rather irritated whenever I hear people pronounce Chara's name with the actual "ch" sound, rather than the hard "K" sound that the word "character" actually uses. Besides, "kara" rolls off the tongue a bit bitter and sounds more like an actual name IMO.

The Alonne likes this.
  8. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Guilty as charged :p

9. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Just going to leave this here..

But after the GT posted this.. After a while , Toby Fox posted something in twiiter..
    Suggesting that this theory is a stretch...

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  10. CondescendedWow

CondescendedWow Supernova

Same actually.
    Although this is more for preference I prefer to pronounce Papyrus as (Pap-E-Russ) so it really sounds weird to me when I hear a lot of people pronounce it (Pap-Eye-Russ)
    Same for Undyne though, but it's more of how you view the character with her because
    Pronouncing it (Un-Die-N) sounds a lot like undying, which is part of Undyne as a character when she becomes Undyne the Undying.
    But then again I see her as more of a friend than an enemy so I pronounce it (Un-Deen), so it's more aquatic and goofy and so on.

11. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I remember someone asking Toby at twitter about the pronounciation of the characters, while he gave his own pronounciations, he also stated that the names should be whatever the person chooses, but here we are, settling things as if by law and order

12. CondescendedWow

Well Toby wants us to personalize the game as much as possible, he told everyone to name the character after ourselves, now telling us we should name the NPCs ourselves, some people might name those NPCs after their actual friends, regardless of whether they do that or not giving something a name definitely grows a bond between you and them.
    That's what Toby wants, that way it gives the biggest affect on the player, so yeah I wanna call the characters what they're called in the game, but because to me they're a separate entity and all that.

Corraidhín likes this.
  13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I call em by their in-game names yeah, but I never bothered with how I should say their names, I think they are special no matter what, just hear them out lol, they are just so likeable its impossible

CondescendedWow likes this.
  14. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Lalala...*skulks around*

[​IMG]

*runs away screaming*

15. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Tis a pity :c you didnt get past 9 minutes!

16. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Just not my sort of game. But its always good to try them out I guess :p

Corraidhín likes this.
  17. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Nyeh heh! maybe one day! ^_^

18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

19. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

lel. That's actually rather clever.

CondescendedWow and Corraidhín like this.
  20. CondescendedWow

I love it!!!

Corraidhín likes this.