1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Unable to Launch "Stardew Valley has stopped working"

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thunderpie, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Thunderpie

Thunderpie Void-Bound Voyager

Microsoft surface pro with performance base running Windows 10. Game has never successfully launched on this computer (but has worked with my steam account on my other computer).

Error message is simply "Stardew Valley has stopped working" and gives no other details. This occurs immediately. There is no black screen, no music, etc.

I have tried:
    • Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game
    • Disabling Antivirus
    • Deleting the %appdata%\StardewValley folder (there is no preferences or error log folders)
    • Plugging in headphones
    • Installing XNA
    • Uninstalling XNA, rebooting, and reinstalling XNA
    • Running as administrator, and I have tried all compatibility modes (it is now not in any compatibility mode)
    • Updating graphics drivers, and OS
    • Running the game from the .exe itself instead of from steam
    • Verified integrity of game cache

Nothing has worked, and the error message is always the same. I would post the error logs but there do not seem to be any (or even the folder).

No issues with any other programs or games on this system.

Please help. Thanks.

• Thunderpie

I have now also tried uninstalling Microsoft visual C++, restarting, and reinstalling it. As well as running the game on integrated graphics. No help.

• Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

• Thunderpie

I went ahead and reinstalled my OS (and thus steam, stardew, etc.) It works now!