Twitter Polls

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SmaugBaggins, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

Co-op has been delegated to someone else, I think. Also, complaints/problems with social content have been one of the most commonly made types of threads that get traction, so of course it's going to be one of the first things he handles, since it's relatively easier to change than, say adding whole new chains of quests. The fences don't seem to even be something CA thinks needs revised, from what I've seen. Plus " go meet everyone" quests are a staple of this type of game. Would you prefer 30 miniquests with their own scenes about meeting each single villager? Because that's essentially the alternative- or, at best, a scene for each family unit, which is still close to ten different scenes to meet everybody.

Tamorr likes this.
    • Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

new marriage content? Don't know about new part.... More like improved after marriage, which probably still needs a bit. That is not really new content, but more like fixing what is already there to better fit. Far as I know anyway.

New would be if our children actual grew up to a certain point to help out or something, or divorce happens to be a thing... or something else.

So having more options to choose from would be new content, or extended/expanded content. More liable to be new with this than the chunk of changes to existing marriage life.

I have not had problems with fence decay much, and I am not even married in the game yet. I have a method of placing a floor before fence, and usually the fence will last the length it supposedly suppose to last. My stone walls have not broken down just yet. That and what the person mentions above me.

Co-op is planned for future, but that will take a bit longer than the content changes; as it has to deal with networking and the like. He obviously has the idea how multiplayer is going to work, it is just the networking stuff that will take a bit. It will come in time.

As to the "meet most people in town" quest. I say most, as not everyone is included with that quest. Otherwise you would have to wait til kent and sandy are accessible. I had no trouble with that quest, since I can refer to the heart tab to see whom I missed; since it will be marked as "?????" in there if you have not met them. Then it is just remembering what they look like from that tab.

And yeah I know your excitement, as evreryone, or most people here are quite excited for quite a few changes to come. Just happens to be a little at a time at this point, and patience comes rolling in for those willing to be so. Something will take longer than others. Assets themselves need time to create if needed, and extra programming will need a chunk of time as well to get that bit functioning properly; but in time I am sure at least a few of the options, namely co-op will come to being when certain things are settled in the backend.

Some decent things to be awaiting, that is for sure. Can't say a whole lot on the fence thing, even though i did... everybody experiences that differently. :nuruhappy:

MagicallyClueless likes this.
      • Tucumcari

Tucumcari Space Penguin Leader

All of these things are on CA's agenda and have been mentioned quite a few times. He's got a laundry list of additions to make yet.
        As someone said before, he's going to hand off Co-op to someone else so he can focus on more content. He's also looking at patch 1.1 being a major patch with more end game content and money sinks. It isn't like he's only working on the social aspect and leaving everything else on the backburner, and who knows how long its going to take to actually implement new candidates.

All things in time:D

Tamorr likes this.
        • Hexprone

Hexprone Space Penguin Leader

Damn, I missed the poll -- I would've tried to boost Marnie.

Gabaw likes this.
          • SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

xD Marnie Boosts

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

No horse candidates? I'm disappointed.

• SmaugBaggins

SmaugBaggins Existential Complex

Furrie/Brony Love it either way

• Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

No I'm talking about real, actual horses.

• Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

i would have voted wizard all the way lol.
                    its good that emily may get some attention but....can we at least get the option to hook the marageables up with others? i want to hit emily up with clint, and match up the other candidates. i dont mind keeping mister wizard for myself mind *wicked grin* but he's kinda an outsider so i dont think anyone would miss him not being marryable for them (where as i KNOW clint would get sad that emily married me, especialy as i cant correct her when i give her the gift he wants me to give)

i may be a minority (not wanting to marry unless its the wizard lol) but surely thats something to add as late game..somethng to DO...play matchmaker after you marry :rofl: (or befor, preferably. i want veryone ELSE happy befor me..)

elebuu and Tamorr like this.
                    • Reddestiny921

Reddestiny921 Pangalactic Porcupine

I had basically the same idea swimming in my head, I would like to pair people up, not with who matches them but any of the free candidates I'd pair Penny with Abby, instead of rival events I'd like that. Though Clint meh he would have known Emily a while before you came and she's way more outgoing if he didn't get it together to go after her and she only saw him as her sad friend then I'd have to marry Emily. Standing in your own way never gets you anywhere, there is an event where he's in the bushes and even then no matter how much he wants to talk to her he still has to be threatened before he does it. meh

• Silverbane7

Silverbane7 Pangalactic Porcupine

havent got that far into friendship with anyone but linus to get any scenes myself.
                        but yes, i would be incined not to marry at all unless its to the wizard (lol) but at the same time, i dont need anyone else (ie, a spare girl char) added to go with him.. (ie like they did with the current extra candidates)
                        but i would also like to be able to get clint to actualy marry emily (yes, in a way i am a hopeless romantic, but im one for other people :rofl: wierd i know but thats me)

elebuu likes this.
                        • Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

@Silverbane7 Generally that is something I would love to see eventually, so brings a bit of progressional life to the community. Wouldn't mind if was myself that be doing the match making.

I am sure though that would take quite a while to setup something like that, since that would be a lot of added dialogue, and coding to get things going in a feasible manner. After all match-making is quite a task. Not to mention cut-scenes that would probably have to be added.

As to the wizard... Well as mentioned before I mainly just like having as many options open as possible and feasible, as long it is not with the only children in the valley I would be fine with most the people being available in some way. :nuruhappy:

• rneira

rneira Big Damn Hero

I voted for Sandy, I love her to death. But I do love Emily as well, so as disappointed as I am Sandy isn't yet available, Emily being choosable pleases me anyways -v-

• ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

I have no interest in a Twitter account and found out their polls require it.X3
                              That's fine I'm married on one file and the other is more interested in ignoring most of the town and now befriending Krobus because he's Bill of Cipher Farm so why not?X3

• MagicallyClueless

MagicallyClueless Master Astronaut

I'd also love the ability to play matchmaker, since I'm such a sucker for good endings and it would give me a feeling of resolution in the game as well. It's obvious that all the townspeople are kinda paired up, so getting to influence them together would be awesome. And for the one person that is single because you married their rival (*evil laughter*) maybe they get like an online relationship or something idk. Farmersonly.